Chapter 14

Rok Soo was annoyed by the fact that he had to stay in the hospital but he couldn't do anything about it.

Once he was cleared to be in a stable condition, he was transferred out to a private ward.

He was obviously excused from school so he was bored. His boredom was quickly cured whenever he decided to take a look at the ring placed on his finger, smiling slightly. He was alone right now.Olienne just came back this morning so Sis and by default, Raon also wasn't available. Cale,Jung Soo and Dodam was at school. Soo Hyuk is job hunting which won't be a problem since people has started to scout him already.

If only he could see the moment Soo Hyuk be a successful actor like he wished to be but what could he do?

Meanwhile,Dad is available but Rok Soo asked him to fetch his diary placed on the table in his room since he hadn't wrote the entry for yesterday yet and he'll be spending a lot of time here anyway.

Knock knock

It's probably Dad but that sure was quick? Rok Soo had only asked Dad to fetch his diary 15 minutes ago and the fastest he could be here should be in 20 minutes.

"Enter." Rok Soo still allowed the person to enter anyway.

The door opened revealing a black haired man with black eyes. His shoulders broad and muscular but not overly so. He is handsome enough to draw people's gazes towards him.That's right. This man is Choi Jung Soo's uncle, Choi Han.

Rok Soo first met him when Jung Soo invited them to his house slash dojo. At the time, Choi Han was training his swordmanship so he was wearing a vicious expression which spooked Rok Soo so bad he ran away.

Now though, he saw Choi Han like a puppy, begging to be praised and always smiling. It wasn't his intention to call Choi Han with no formality, it's just that Choi Han himself was the one who hated being referred as a senior as it made him feel old.

So he just- didn't.

"Morning Rok Soo. How are you feeling?" Choi Han asked once he sat on one of the chairs available in the room.

"I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm doing just fine. So, is it true that I heard your boyfriend proposed to you?"

"...Yes, he did. Jung Soo?" Rok Soo asked to make sure if it truly is him who blabbered that fact to everyone.

"Jung Soo." Choi Han simply agreed knowing even if he lies he'll be found out since he is so bad at lying.

"Rok Soo, I'm back. Here, your diary." Dad entered handing the diary to him.

"Thanks Dad. Choi Han, didn't you have work today?"

"I do and it almost time for me to go. See you later." Choi Han smiled as he ruffled Rok Soo's hair before heading out.

"Aigoo, look at that punk messing up your hair." Dad grumbles as he fixed the messy hair caused by a punk named Choi Han.

It was silent for a while where they both silently enjoyed the company of the other as Eruhaben hummed a lullaby while caressing Rok Soo's hair making him feels sleepy, plus the medication he ate not too long ago was also taking effect didn't help in fighting his drowsiness either .

"Rok Soo."

Rok Soo who were fighting against his steadily closing eyes held back a yawn as he responded with a hum.

"Do you have anything left you wanted to do?"

Eruhaben watched as Rok Soo put a finger on his chin with his head tilted to the right looking upward as he always do when he was thinking hard about something.

He could see the gears turning slowly in Rok Soo's head as he's currently feeling sleepy so the response may come later than usual.

Rok Soo blink slowly trying his best to focus on his Dad as no thoughts comes to mind. He did everything he wanted to do, not just the things he wanted to do even, he also did something that he didn't expect could be achieved like dating someone or getting proposed to.

Rok Soo slowly shakes his head gripping the bedsheet underneath. Releasing the bedsheet from his hold, he laid down as he could feel his eyes fluttering shut gradually losing his battle against sleep as he was lulled to dreamland.

During all this, Eruhaben had never once stopped stroking Rok Soo's hair even when his arms should feel tired from doing the same motion over and over again for a long amount of time. His arm may aches now but his heart aches more seeing the boy he adopted and loved like a son hurting and groaning in pain every night.

He stayed with the kid who were sleeping peacefully chest moving up and down steadily for a long time before finally heading out leaving Rok Soo alone.

-

The warm light woke the sleeping black head fluttering his eyelashes squinting his sleepy eyes open.

Rok Soo woke up feeling a warm light touching his skin, he opened his eyes lazily but closed it again after seeing a very bright light.

"Mnm..."

He groaned from the bright light penetrating his eyes which came from the window showing a mesmerizing scene of the sky that was dyed in its beautiful orange hue colour.

He tried to move in order to close the curtain but felt a pair of eyes watching him. He turned around and saw his red head smiling a soft smile.

"Evening sleepy head. Did you have a nice sleep?"

"I did."

"I'm glad then."

They both looked at each other before sharing a chaste kiss which was more like a peck but they like it that way.

"When did you arrive?"

Rok Soo asked the question he wanted to ask since earlier but was distracted by the kiss.

"Not too long ago. Just in time to see you snuggling into the blanket like a cat." Cale teased him but to be fair, how could he not when he saw Rok Soo curling up in his blanket just like a cat? He just looked so adorable at the time that Cale wanted to squish his cheeks. Thankfully he managed to snap a picture of it since a moment later Rok Soo in his sleep decided it was a good idea to switch position.

If Cale decided to make that picture his lock screen than screw him. He just wanted to stare at Rok Soo all day,okay?