CHAPTER 26 - FROST FIONA

Start from the beginning

I walked to my room and closed the door. I just wanted to get away from the room. You see, me and Fiona don't really have the best relationship.

(anyone curious of (F/N) and Fiona's back story? Shall I make a chapter about it?)

After a few minutes and a few sips of my hot cocoa, I heard Fiona rush out the house which made me realize that I have to pick up my coat. 

I got up and grabbed another jacket of mine before heading towards the door. "Oh? (F/N)-san? Where are you going?" Mom asked. I held up the book in my hand.

"I'm going to return it today. On the way, shall I pick up some treats?" I asked. "Treats!" Anya-chan jumped up and down. "That would be lovely." Mom smiled. "Alright." 

I got dressed, grabbed an umbrella, and headed out. As I was walking down the street, I saw dad and Fiona talking but just kept walking.

I dropped the book at the library and headed inside a nearby bakery to pick up some treats in 2 different boxes. I then headed to the tailor. 

"Oh? Welcome back, (F/N)-chan! Here is your coat!" She handed me the coat in a bag. I smiled as I gave her the box of pastries.

"Thank you! And there's your box of pastries I promised!" I smiled. 

"Well thank you, sweetie! Be careful on your way back! Tell your family I said hi!" The lady said.

I turned around as I walked. "Alright! Have a nice evening!" I waved my hand. "Likewise!" I quickly rushed home before I could catch a cold in the rain.

The day after tomorrow, dad and Fiona had a mission to head to. 

They were to retrieve a painting from a man named Campbell Cavi, who runs an underground tennis competition. 

Dad made up an excuse to have a tennis competition with his coworkers. 

Since Anya-chan heard that, she's been wanting to play tennis as well so mom, Anya-chan, and I were at the park.

As I was playing with Anya-chan, I could tell that mom was thinking about Fiona and was wary of her. -Seems like dad has a lot to do this week.- 

We continued to play until the evening when dad and Fiona arrived at the park. 

"Good evening, Mrs. Forger." Fiona greeted mom. It seems like mom was caught off guard. "Ah! Ms. Fiona?"

Dad smiled and waved at us. "Hi, Yor, (F/N). We're back." Dad said. "Oh, hello, Loid-san." Mom smiled.

"Hey, dad!" I waved my hand. "It was on her way so Fiona dropped me off." Dad explained. "I thought to drop by and say hello." Fiona said. "How, how lovely." 

Fiona's eyes glanced at the racket mom was holding. "Do you perhaps play tennis?" She asked.

"Ah, you see after practicing with Loid-san, she's been into it." Mom answered, referring to Anya-chan.

Anya-chan was right beside me. "I hit so many homeruns." I giggled. "Wrong sport, Anya-chan." I corrected her.

 "And thanks to that, we were able to win." Dad smiled. 

"Where is the grand prize?" Anya-chan asked, which made me sweatdrop. "Then you must be a good player, Mrs. Forger. Can I challenge you to a game?" Fiona asked.

That took all of us by surprise. "What are you doing, Fiona?" Dad asked.

I looked at the said woman talking to dad. "I haven't gotten enough exercise..." I rolled my eyes. She turned to mom. 

"Mom, you know you don't have to, right?" I said. "I might now know how to play until today when (F/N)-san helped me but I accept!" Mom said.

Mom and Fiona went to their sides of the court that I had drawn in the dirt. I walked over to dad. 

"You better watch out. Mom was on the edge the entire time. And be watchful of the neighbors. You know people report the smallest things to the SSS." I said.

"I know. I know. I don't even know what she's doing." Dad sighed.

"Come at me with everything you've got!" Fiona yelled out. "Fiona, don't do this." Dad said. "Please back off, Dr. Forger." I sighed. "Here we go!" 

We watched as mom threw the ball into the air and swung the racket. But the ball just fell to the floor, but unexpectedly, the ball was diced up.

Bond and Anya gave mom a new ball and mom served again. The ball was going really fast and I knew it would be a hard ball to return. 

Fiona's racket made contact with the ball but the force of the ball made the racket break. "Oop." 

We watched as Fiona raced out to her car with tears streaming down her face.

-Serves her right. Mom>Fiona anytime.- I started to zone out, thinking of Fiona's face when she lost with tears streaming down her face. 

I let out a giggle as I turned the other way. I looked back to see dad on the verge of fainting and mom and Anya-chan cleaning up.

"Bond! Come!" The fluffy dog stood right in front of my feets. I crouched down and ruffled his fur. I placed her leash on and gave him a treat. 

"Good boy. We're going home now." I told him. 

We all started to walk home together as a full happy family. -This pretend family really looks real, huh?-

The only thing that dad and I have to worry about is mom's thoughts about dad. 

By the looks of it, mom thinks that Fiona and dad have some relationship brewing between each other. 

I rubbed my head. -That's dad's problem, I ain't helping with that... Adult problem.-