Ep 42 - The Day of the Dragon

Start from the beginning

The Ninja regroups on the street as the Elemental Masters look over the buildings.

"If we're the first ones they've seen, where's Chen and why hasn't he attacked?" Garmadon ask.

Lloyd turned to Skylor and said, "We have to get you and my father off the streets before we alarm everyone. Everyone else, stick together and watch over the people."

The Masters spread the perimeter as the ninja discussed their plan. Skylor gasped when she noticed her left hand had returned to normal. She raised her hand to show the others, "My hand. It turned back to normal."

Garmadon raised his hand and experienced the same results. "It's not just you." Realization struck him. "The spell is wearing off."

Jay sprung the big question on him. "But how can that be? Kai, you were there. Didn't Chen finish the spell?"

Kai sucks in a breath, trying to recall the stressful and frightening moment. He could only shake his head and could only make a guess when nothing came to mind. "Maybe they missed a line? Or a key ingredient?"

You cut in, "Whatever the case is, this is good. Their time is running out, and we have a chance to take them down."

"Let's talk more at the Samurai X cave," Nya says abruptly. "People are—"

"You have a cave!?" The ninja simultaneously exclaimed.

She deadpanned with a sigh, "starting to come out." She rubs her temple. "Yes, I need a private workshop." Oh, how she regretted mentioning her cave, as she knows the common sense on the serious matter in front of the boys is in one ear and out the other as their minds are strict on this new information. They began to bombard her with questions—the construction period, when, where, why she didn't tell them—with her giving brief answers.

You grin, looking pleased with Nya. Huh. Guess I wasn't the only one who's been busy.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Jay was speechless in front of her.

She shrugged, a ghostly smirk on her face. "A girl's got to keep her secrets."

The five gaped at her like goldfish before Kai broke the silence with a proud grin. "Is my sister cool or what?"

"Mommy!"

The team whip their heads in the direction the yell came from. A child runs away, and a few civilians scatter among the streets, slowly building their numbers. That little girl will definitely attract a crowd. You all tensed and stressed over the panic that would rise among the city at the sight of Garmadon and Skylor. You instinctively hurl your gi onto Garmadon without a second thought. Although you couldn't hide his form because a long, scaled, purple tail is very noticeable. Kai had also done the same to Skylor, but more gently.

The five ninja summoned their elemental dragons, and their consecutive passengers boarded before taking lift off into the sky. They swore over the city, exiting the plain and into the desert. Nya soon led the team, with Jay's dragon in the lead, to her cave.

The elevator comes to a stop, and its doors slide open. A chilling breeze blows through them, sprinkling goosebumps along your skin. You and the rest of the team are in awe at the sight before you. A lighted path spans the deep canyon of the cave, leading to the center, which houses massive computers and a workshop. They see a tarp structure tower over them. Bluish neon pads with hints of red, scattered throughout the cave, give the ninja light. The team walks across the path. They have now entered the Samurai X cave.

A bird's caw echoes. An old and familiar friend swoops down from above and breeches themselves on Zane's arm.

The Nindroid smiled warmly at the Falcon, "And hello to you, my old friend."