Ep 22 - The Last Voyage

The people of Ninjago City that the ninja helped and the ninja team took refuge at one of Ninjago's beaches that is a great distance from the city and well hidden. The ninja are working on fixing the Destiny Bounty's boosters, standing on wooden platforms.

Jay was working on one of the boosters when he suddenly gets splashed with oil. He groans and wipes it off, "Ugh, useless pile of junk." He hits it in frustration and more oil splashes on him, making him groan loudly.

Nya frowns, "Oh, it's worse than I feared. The rotors on the starboard booster are completely destroyed. The port boosters are shot from the strain." She turns to the others working on the ship. "Oh, sorry guys. She's not getting airborne anytime soon."

Cole stops what he's doing and looks at her, "So if the Stone Army attacks again, we're sitting ducks."

Jay raised a brow at him, "Uh, ducks can fly, Cole. Weren't you listening?"

"Then we would be sitting chickens." (Y/n) proposed.

Jay sighs, "Chickens can fly too."

(Y/n) whipped his head at him, "What?"

"We just got our tails handed to us and we couldn't even stop one of them. Ugh, I hate feeling helpless." Kai sulk. 

Wu walks towards them with Zane, "We mustn't give up hope, Kai."

Lloyd shook his head at his sensei, "But the Stone Army is indestructible. You saw it. At best, all my powers could do was slow them down."

(Y/n) looks to them, "I mean we could trap them, but I fear it won't last long."

"My son, that's not entirely true." Misako spoke, turning heads her way as she walks up to them. "There is a way to defeat them. And it is told within the scrolls."

The ninja and samurai smile and nod at each other before everyone heads inside the Bounty. Misako lays out her scroll on the table, showing five ninja of red, blue, grey, black, and white giving power to the Green Ninja, "The prophecy reveals that the power to defeat the Stone Army lies within the Green Ninja."

Lloyd huffs, "I tried. I gave them everything I had."

Misako nodded, "Yes, but you are stronger than you think. Look. The true power of the Green Ninja can only be unlocked when his five protectors find their own pure elemental powers."

Cole looks at the scroll and then to her, "Are we the protectors?"

"Pfft, silly question. Of course we are. Haha, right?" Jay smiled unsurely at Misako.

"Pfft. Imagine if we aren't the protectors, we would be so screwed." (Y/n) wheezes at the possible stress of them having to go searching for the protectors with limited time.

"If we are the protectors, then we're doomed. Our elemental Golden Weapons no longer exist. We cannot tap into our elemental powers without them." Zane told the others.

Misako shook her head and looks at each of the ninja, "But the powers do exist within each of you. And there is a way to unlock your powers on your own. We must go to the Temple of Light."

Nya tilts her head, "Temple of Light? What's that?"

Misako brought out another scroll, showing a mountainside silhouette and a pentagon with five of the ninja symbols on each corner with the Green Ninja symbol in the center, "The gold in the Golden Weapons was from the Golden Peaks, but they were forged in the Temple of Light, a powerful place I thought only existed in legend."

Wu turns to her, "It's on the Dark Island?"

Misako faces him, "I think our only choice is to find out."