8.

Piper was knocked out in my bed. He was so drunk it was hard to get him through the door. I couldn't sleep though. I kept on thinking about what Jaxon said. The way he looks at me.

Fuck.

The noise of Piper's phone continually ringing annoyed me. But not as much as those words. What does he know anyways? Idiot.

Piper was snuggled close to me. And he kept mumbling something in his sleep. His blonde hair was messy and ruined either during sleep or before. And his eyes were shut so I couldn't see them. They're green and beautiful though.

I want him to cuddle me closer.

I groaned at the thought and finally let my eyes close so I can get some rest.

~~

A few weeks pass after the homecoming game. We were going into the playoff season so training was harder than usual.

I made some time to spend with Stacy. And we finally made it official. She was my girlfriend and I was happy then ever. Or well I'm suppose to be.

"Stacy you're here again." My mom said smiling. I went downstairs and Stacy was wearing a white blouse and blue jeans. "I hope Luke is treating you well."

"Yeah he is." Stacy said smiling as well. I looked at her lips searching to see if she had any dimples. She did not.

Stacy walked up the stairs and I opened the door for my room. I plotted down on my bed and grabbed a book. "Whatcha reading?"

"War and peace." I mumbled.

"What is it about?" Stacy asked. I put the book down and looked at her. "War."

"Oh okay." I picked up the book and began reading it again. Stacy went on the bed next to me. "Lukey are you mad at me?"

"No I said." A little irritated by the use of my name.

"Okay, well my mom needs me so I'll see you at school tomorrow." Stacy said. I nodded my head and let her leave. I sighed putting the book down.

I opened my phone to see a message from Piper.

Piper 2:41 pm
Hey I know your girlfriend there and all but can I come over. Thanks.

Luke 3:00 pm
Yeah whatever she left anyways.

Piper 3:01 pm
I'm outside open the door.

I walked downstairs. My mom was cooking something. It smelt good whatever it was. I hummed as I went to open the door.

Piper was outside my door. In a winter coat. "I was waiting out here forever." Piper said between shivers.

"Dude what's wrong with you." I opened the door wider and let him inside.

"Oh my baby are you cold?" My mom asked Piper. She looked at me madly and put her hands on her hips. "Did you leave him outside in the cold."

"No mom he just told me he was outside." I said. Piper smiled and looked at my mom. "No I forgot to tell him I was outside. It isn't his fault."

"Oh okay. Have fun boys. And don't make too much noise please." Mom said going back to the stove.

Me and Piper went upstairs to my room. I plotted down on my bed. While Piper took a seat at my desk.

"So um why did Stacy left?" Piper asked.

I sighed and just looked at him. "She said her mom wanted her or something."

"Okay." Piper responded.

I been avoiding him ever since the party. I mean reflecting back on Jaxons word I couldn't just continue to talk to him like nothing happened. Because something did happen.

What Piper was saying when he was drunk was a hint at something. What? I have no idea.

And he just randomly breaking up with Ashley out of the blue. Isn't like him. Something is definitely going on. But I don't know how to ask him.