Chapter 15

Nyx ran into Calypso as she rounded a corner, causing them both to fall to the ground.

"Ow, Nyx," Calypso cursed as she pulled herself back up.

"Sorry!" Nyx cried as she stood up, wiping dust off her black robe.

"What are you-" Calypso started before gasping, "you won't believe it!"

"What?" Nyx asked as Calypso grabbed her hands and pulled her away from the curious faces that looked over at them.

"We found Charlotte!"

"That's good," Nyx said, opening her mouth to speak again, but Calypso continued.

"Yeah, I asked her why she was trying to kill you two and you won't believe what she said!" Calypso whisper yelled, looking over her shoulder nervously.

"What?" Nyx asked, "was she really going to be okay with killing me?"

Calypso shook her head, "no and she was so scared after finding out that you two could die!"

"Okay, so what did she say?" Nyx asked, looking around them.

"She said that another student told her that the amorentia potion would reveal one's true love and that if she ended up being his, the unbreakable vow would break and you two would be free," Calypso said, running a hand through her hair

"I'm assuming that's not true then?" Nyx asked, her heart skipping a beat at the thought that something like that would work.

Calypso shook her head quickly, "no. If you were to smell the potion, you would smell your true love, but if you ingest it, you fall in love with the person that gave it to you."

Nyx nodded slowly, trying to keep up, "so why would Charlotte believe the student?"

Calypso shrugged, "no idea! She thought she was going to save you two and prove that he wants her."

Nyx smiled, feeling a bit better about Charlotte's motives, "well I'm glad she wasn't trying to kill me."

Calypso frowned, "that's what your taking from all this?"

Nyx frowned at her question, "what's that suppose to mean?"

Calypso shook her head, "you're not understanding. Whoever gave Charlotte that idea was trying to kill you and Hydrus!"

As the words left her lips, Nyx felt her heart drop. Someone tried to trick Charlotte into doing their dirty work and she looked around the empty halls.

"But why would anyone want to kill us?" She asked, her voice breaking in fear, "I literally just got my powers back. I'm not a threat!"

Calypso shrugged, biting her lip nervously, "I have no idea but we need to figure it out. We should also tell Hydrus."

Tell Hydrus.

Nyx giggled slightly, thinking about him.

"Oh, about that," Nyx laughed, the embarrassment of their moment together rising again.

"What happened?" Calypso asked, her voice full of worry.

Nyx shook her head, pulling her alongside her and back into the nicely lit hallway.

"Hydrus is going on a date with Charlotte tonight and I was thinking we could go supervise," Nyx laughed, "I also need to tell you what happened. It's very embarrassing so you better not breathe it to a soul!"

"Not even to Noah?" Calypso asked as they stopped by the inner quad, looking towards the main doors of Hogwarts.

Nyx shook her head, "no, he'll get second hand embarrassment and I'd rather not have people look at me with more pity than they already do."