Chapter 13

Nyx groaned as light shined through her room. She covered her face with her pillow as she flipped away from the open window.

She couldn't remember how she got back to her room, but her head pounded as she tried to remember. She groaned in bed as she flipped her pillow onto the cool side.

"No way is it morning," she groaned, trying to fall back asleep.

As sleep played at her, she snuggled into her bed. She smiled as she let sleep take over, but a loud knock on her door woke her again.

"What?" She cried, sitting up in her bed.

She sighed as another knock rumbled through the room. She ran a hand through her hair, the light catching her red bracelets.

She looked at them, playing with one, "the door is unlocked so just come in Calypso!"

There was no response from the door, but another knock. She huffed as she pushed her yellow knitted blanket off her.

The cold air kissed her skin and she shivered as she put her feet into her slippers.

"What are these?" She said slowly, playing with the bracelets as she walked to the door.

"What," she said, still looking at the bracelets as she swung the door open, "are you deaf Calypso or what? I literally yelled that the door was unlocked."

The person coughed and Nyx looked up, surprised to see Charlotte.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I thought you were Calypso," Nyx rambled, hiding her wrist behind her back.

"It's okay, can we talk?" She asked and Nyx nodded slowly.

"Yeah, can I get changed and we can go for a walk? I need to walk this hangover off."

Charlotte laughed quietly and nodded, turning and walking back down the hallway to the common room.

Nyx watched her disappear around a corner before stumbling back into her room to change.

She threw on her comfortable sweatpants and a simple white shirt. She sighed as she pulled her black robe over top before tying her hair back into a messy ponytail.

She yawned as she walked down the hallway. She let her fingers graze the hall wallpaper as she walked, squinting as the lights above burned her eyes.

She placed a hand over her forehead as she stumbled into the common room, seeing Charlotte alone.

"What's up?" Nyx asked as she walked slowly over to the far cabinets to search for something to get rid of her hangover.

"What do you remember from last night," she asked slowly and Nyx shrugged.

She raked her brain, trying to remember how she got home and what happened after her third drink.

"Well, I remember going there and drinking some. I think we played Truth or Dare," she said, wondering if she was remembering it correctly.

"Yeah, we did. Do you remember my dare to Hydrus?" Charlotte asked, getting off the couch and walking over to her.

Charlotte sighed as she reached into another cabinet, grabbing two red pills, "these will help."

Nyx smiled, taking the pills with some water, "how'd you know they were there?"

"Esther is in this house too and she had a hangover every second weekend last year," Charlotte laughed before continuing, "but back to my question. Do you remember the dare?"

Nyx thought about it, biting her lip in thought, "I'm sorry, but I have no idea. I don't think I even saw him at the party."

Nyx shrugged as she took another sip from her water, eyeing Charlotte.