Chapter 7

Nyx breathed deeply as she explored the hallways of Hogwarts. Most students were still in their last class of the day and she couldn't contain her excitement to wait in the Great Hall.

Her hands felt clammy as she walked around, counting down the minutes until the ceremony.

She stopped in front of a few paintings. One was a clearing with a few a dragons running around playing. Another was a couple talking about their weekend plans.

The last painting was a lady looking at a blank canvas. The lady reminded her of Calypso, with a focussed look on her face as she decided on what to paint.

"What do you think my dear?" The lady hummed, tapping her paint brush against her chin.

"About what?" Nyx asked, placing a hand on the wall by the painting.

"What should I paint?" She asked, looking over at Nyx before gasping, "I've heard whispers about you! You were once a squib."

Nyx nodded uneasily, wondering how long the whispers would continue about her. The attention made her uneasy and her stomach knotted at the thought of people staring at her.

"I'll draw you and your twin," the lady gasped, nodding in confirmation before turning to the canvas to start her painting.

Nyx nodded slowly, biting her lip and turning away from the painting.

How long will I need to deal with people calling me a squib, she thought to herself before letting the thought disappear.

She didn't want her day ruined by those thoughts and plastered a small smile onto her face.

"This is all so magical," she breathed happily as she watched the stairs above her move around, her uneasy feelings slowly subsiding.

The stairs crisscrossed over each other, matching up with certain landings before moving again.

"This is literally a school of magic, of course it's magical," a voice laughed behind her.

She recognized the voice but couldn't place a name. She frowned as she turned, facing a certain blonde haired boy.

"Malfoy," she said, remembering his last name, "aren't you supposed to be in class?"

He laughed, crossing his arms over his chest, "yes, but I heard rumours that the squib had her powers back."

"I'm not a squib anymore," she huffed in annoyance.

"Once a squib, always a squib," he shrugged, looking at her with curious grey eyes.

"Once a dick, always a dick," she said sarcastically back before turning her back to him again.

She rolled her eyes as she walked away from him, thinking their conversation was over.

She heard footsteps fall behind her and she sighed, hoping it was someone else.

"A squib really shouldn't be rude to pure bloods," Malfoy said venomously as he walked beside her down another hallway.

"I'm sorry" she started innocently, "but whose the squib? I'm also a pure blood so I don't know why you're bringing squibs into it."

He laughed slightly, shaking his head, "you can put on a brave front but that doesn't change anything. You'll be the only 15 year old in first year classes."

"So?" She asked.

"So, that's embarrassing. You'll be made fun of the entire time you're here and you're going to be in your 20's and still in school," he laughed, shaking his head incredulously.