Chapter 8

Nyx stood at the main doors of Hogwarts, watching the students leave for the year. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes as her twin came and stood by her, with all her luggage.

"Are you sure you want to stay here for the summer to take three first year classes?" Calypso asked, shifting on her feet.

Nyx nodded slowly, "I- I need to. That way I can begin taking second year courses as well."

"Which ones are you allowed to take," she asked, watching a few students disappear down the path they took back to the train.

"Herbology, flying and History of Magic," Nyx said, counting them off on her fingers.

Calypso nodded, reaching down into her bag rummaging through its contents.

"I tried to take detailed notes," she began, pulling out various notebooks, "but I won't lie, towards the end my notes turned into doodles."

Nyx laughed, seeing a small blush cross her twins cheeks as she handed her the two notebooks.

"Thank you," Nyx breathed, flipping through the Herbology notebook quickly before turning her attention back to Calypso.

Calypso frowned as Mrs. Lumiere appeared beside them with a small smile.

"You'll need to get going Miss Scamander if you are to catch the train," Mrs. Lumiere said slowly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Calypso sighed, looking down at her stuff. Her bags floated in front of her and began their journey down to the train.

"I'll miss you," Calypso cried softly, pulling Nyx into a tight hug.

The tears that threatened to fall, began to fall freely as Nyx hugged her twin tightly.

"I'll miss you more, but it's only a few months and we'll be together again!" Nyx said, trying to find some light in their situation.

In their entire 14 years of life, they've never spent more than a few weeks apart. They were always inseparable and Nyx felt a lump form in her throat at the thought of not seeing her twin for the next few months.

"I know," Calypso mumbled into Nyx's black robe, "but I'll just miss you so much!"

Nyx cried softly, letting the sobs come as she tightened her grip on her twin.

"I love you and promise me you'll write letters!" Nyx urged as Mrs. Lumiere cleared her throat.

Calypso nodded, wiping away at her own tears.

"Maybe I can come back early to celebrate our birthday together? We've done it for 14 years, we can't stop now," Calypso laughed as her voice choked at the end.

Nyx nodded, "that would be great, I hope we can!"

Noah sighed, wrapping an arm around Calypso as they pulled away from their hug.

"I'll make sure she's okay," Noah said as he rubbed her back.

Nyx nodded, "thank you," she breathed as Calypso and Noah turned down the path and began their walk to the train.

Calypso looked over her shoulder and waved and Nyx waved back.

She stayed by the door until she no longer could see Calypso. The lump stayed in her throat as she sniffled, trying to stop herself from hyperventilating.

"I know this is hard," Mrs. Lumiere said, placing a hand on her back, "I can reach out to your parents to get her to come back for a week for your birthdays and then see if she can come back a week earlier than the rest."