Alexander Winters, my late grandfather. My dad had apparently had a bunch of research done on WGI before he took it over including what his dad was like during the twenty years Winters Enterprises; as it was initially called, existed. That file scared me, most of what my dad kept in his office did because I know he earned his title, and none the less he had record of why, he had records on people, places, deals, events. It was the last fifty years in history.

Even thinking about all of the shit from the come up of the Winters Family from the brink of nothing to the largest economic empire in history made me both prideful and sick to my stomach.

I need a drink.

There were secrets though to the world my parents had carefully cultivated an image around. They'd played the game while discreetly changing it into one they controlled. From broke on the streets of London in 1809 to what we were today over two hundred years later.

My mind wouldn't stop wondering and contemplating this as I walked back inside to put the towels in the laundry room.

As I stepped through the door I carried my shoes and the key fob back to the front entrance where I found Arilynn coming downstairs looking beautiful even if she looked tired still.

Her hair was tangled on top of her head while one of my Baturina robes were wrapped around her tightly unintentionally defining her body shape. She had also clearly washed her skin before coming downstairs based on the slight glow her complexion had.

"Good morning Arilynn" I say leaning against the railing at the bottom of the stairs.

"I feel like death, what time is it?" she groans and I laugh.

"Ten twenty-seven" I reply and she stops on the bottom step only to drop her head against my shoulder.

"I fucking overslept" she mumbles and I simply wrap my arms around her which led to her hopping up and hooking her legs around my waist and using her feet to lock her in place.

"Oversleeping isn't fun so I get it" I say carrying her into the living room and going to lay her down on the sofa.

"You're stuck" she laughs and I smile down at her as she tries to hold back her own.

This girl.

"Okay, seems good to me" I say straightening back up and going into the kitchen to make an omelette.

"So what do you want for breakfast?" I ask as I began making my food.

"Whatever you're having" she says and I nod.

"This will be yours then" I say before she seemed to cuddle against me as I made both of us our first meal of the day.

Welcome to being CEO for a new business Winters.

Once I had finished making our breakfasts did Arilynn get off of me.

"Thank you it looks amazing" she says picking up her fork but I gestured for her to wait a moment while I turned and made her a mug of coffee.

"So you can wake up love" I say setting it down by her plate.

Arilynn then turns to look at me and places a kiss on the side of my face.

"What was that for?" I muse as a soft shade of pink overtakes her cheeks.

"For being you" she says and I return it as I walked around to the other side of the counter where my own plate was.

There was something here that was just unspoken in how Arilynn and I were around one another. It didn't need words or explanation because words couldn't do it justice. At least in my case it didn't I couldn't describe what she meant to me. Likely never would be able to.

"Nathan" she says and I look up at her.

"Arilynn".

"Thank you for this, and for letting me come with you on this trip, along with the modelling deal, they said they would get back to me".

"You're welcome, also you deserve it. I'm sure you will do amazing when accepted" I say and genuinely meaning it.

"How do you know I will, you better not be pulling strings" she says narrowing her eyes but her messy yet adorable appearance doesn't make her look the slightest bit intimidating.

"Never, it's all you, all I could do was get you the meeting" I admit, "also I know because I could tell how passionate you were about it, you'll go far Arilynn".

This got a smile from her as she began eating through her meal. All the while I began wondering how I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend without it seeming premature.

It was then when I got an idea and I covered the amused smile I had by taking a sip of my coffee so that Arilynn wouldn't know what I had planned.

Done early kinda surprised not going to lie, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️