Chapter VII: Act IX

Start from the beginning

Blinking, Gorou's eyes widened when he took notice of (Y/n)'s figure in the back of the group.

Due to seeing him, the brunette's cheeks flushed lightly. "Oh, um... Hello there!" Gorou greeted the additional visitors, clearing his throat.

Xiao narrowed his eyes at the canine figure with a look of annoyance.

Tomo rubbed the back of his head with an amused smile on his lips.

(Y/n) mentally deadpanned at the group but gave Gorou a warm smile – who turned into a darker shade of red in the face.

(F/n) giggled quietly. "Have you seen Kokomi?" They asked.

Gorou's ears perked up at the question and quickly nodded his head. "She's inside the tent. Is something wrong?" He asked with a worried look, his blush calming down in an instant.

(F/n) hummed, and nodded their head. "The Shogunate," they simply answered.

Gorou released a small annoyed growl under his breath, before releasing a heavy sigh. "She's inside the tent," he answered.

(F/n) gave a relieved look before turning toward Tomo and Xiao. "I need both of you two to come with me inside," they lightly ordered.

(Y/n) and Xiao made eye contact for a few seconds before breaking the said muted conversation between the two of them.

"I'll stay out here then," (Y/n) reassured.

(F/n) gave a thankful smile before heading inside the tent with Xiao and Tomo following after them.

Gorou's ears lowered as his tail swayed back and forth behind him, not knowing what to say to the male that he had been in contact with.

Gorou then blinked as he felt a warm hand get placed on his shoulder and led him off to the side.

"Huh?" He mumbled out, making eye contact with a pair of (E/c) hues.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes in amusement and sat down on the wooden step.

"C'mon," the (H/c)ette lightly ordered, tapping the wooden step in front of him.

Flustered, Gorou sat down on the step below (Y/n) and just stared at the ground with a steaming face.

(Y/n) gazed at the ears on top of Gorou's head for a few seconds before running a single hand through the said brunette's hair, making sure to not touch the ears.

Gorou became an even bigger blushing mess, realizing that his normal-sized crush grew even bigger.

"So, you're Gorou?" (Y/n) asked in amusement.

"Mhm," Gorou muffled out, not wanting to stumble over words due to the embarrassment he felt.

The (H/c)ette chuckled lightly. "It's nice to meet you, Gorou. I'm (Y/n)."

✧˖*°࿐

Kokomi gazed at the trio in front of her with a worried look on her face. "The Shogunate struck again? Who was it this time?" She asked.

(F/n) crossed their arms over their chest and sucked in a breath. "He goes by the name of Thoma. He works for the Kamisato Estate," they answered.

Kokomi frowned softly as she brought a hand to her chin. "I heard that there was an interruption... is that true?" She questioned.

Xiao and Tomo stayed quiet, standing behind the feline as if they were the said ombre bluenette's bodyguards.

(F/n) held up two fingers. "Two people helped with this interruption. I currently have one of them with me – who is currently hanging out with your General. The other one is the well-known Traveler," they explained.

Kokomi sighed lightly as she looked at all the scrolls that sat comfortably and in a messy state on her desk.

She lifted her eyes and made contact with the pair of dark blue eyes. "I want you and the person that's currently hanging out with Gorou to come with me tomorrow. These two can stay behind and hopefully help out if it's possible," she finally states.

(F/n) looked over their shoulder for a few seconds before looking back at the pink-haired female. "I can work with that," they agreed.

Kokomi released a sigh of relief, placing a hand on her chest. "Thank you."

The ombre bluenette feline waved a reassuring hand. "No worries," they retorted.

"Looks like we're staying back tomorrow," Tomo murmured.

Xiao grunted lowly, not wanting to add any input since he didn't find the need to.

"Oh, and that Traveler I mentioned? He should be on his way here soon," (F/n) added in.

Kokomi's eyes widened a bit before softening. "That's good to hear."

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝