7. Ardent Aversions.

Start from the beginning

But what Sarah failed to observe was the hatred and harshness his eyes reflected which didn't surprise Adira but definitely made her question herself.

Why does he hate her so much?

____________

"Explain." Rudra demanded standing in front of him, his tone guarded and accusing. Aditya didn't try to hide his annoyance this time and turned on his heels to leave.

"Adi, you can't run away everytime. Why didn't you buy the ring and the reason is clearly not what she cooked up because I know, you would be least interested in which ring she wears so just speak up. Did you again manhandle her that she tried to cover?"

Rudra gripped his arms tightly so that he cannot escape however hurt flashed in Aditya's eyes at his last line but it disappeared before he could notice.

Aditya chuckled humorlessly and shook his head slightly, anguished, seeing suspicion glimmering in his bestfriend's eyes for him. All because of her, he thought.

"Why don't you go and ask her Mr. Rudra Vardhan because you certainly do not trust me, nobody does. And let me clarify, yes she lied, she fucking lied but the reason isn't what you think it is but then you can put that goddess of honesty on any pedestal and are free to think whatever you want because I don't care." Without hiding his anger in his fiery blue eyes, Aditya spat vehemently jerking off his hand of him and stared at Adira piercingly who stood there conversing with Sarah.

"Aditya, you are taking it all wrong. I just don't want your values to be questioned, things for which your grandparents are proud of you. All that happened yesterday, I know it wasn't intentional, you were angry but it wasn't correct either. Daarji would feel ashamed, you understand that right?" Rudra explained him calmly and mellowed down his tone. He didn't want the conversation to go in a wrong direction.

"When did I use anger to justify my actions yesterday? I know I was wrong and I'd promised myself to not repeat it and ignore her unwanted existence into my life. And about feeling ashamed, it won't be first time. I've been nothing but a disappointment to everyone around, a fucking loser."

Rudra's head shot up listening his cousin's useless and hopeless thoughts about himself which made the former realize that how badly the current situation has affected him. They should've been considerate about him as well. He was being forced for everything, even after clearly denying for this relationship.

"Adi, my friend, why are you taking everything so aggressively and with so much negativity? I know you are forced, but why can't you just willingly try to make this relationship work, just for once. Give her a chance. We just want your happiness."

Rudra wanted him to let go of his apprehensions and see everything in a positive light.

Aditya laughed wryly at his friend's words gaining the attention of the passersby. "My will, my happiness. These words sound so strange to my ears." Aditya sniggered and his face hardened indicating Rudra of some bitter words coming up.

"Where does my will matter here? To whom? And about giving a chance to this relationship then to start with I never wanted to be in one, Rudra, you know the reason, everybody does but you all choose to be blind and I'm done explaining things to you guys. It doesn't matter anymore because I'm nothing more than a fucking toy that you guys can toss and punch the button to perform a fucking task. Dadijaan wants me to buy her a ring and that opportunistic girl, she wants a beautiful and expensive ring on her finger that I should give her. And you know what, I'll do it. I'll do everything that you guys want me to do because what I feel, what I want had never mattered to anyone here so just fuck off and never show me that you care, that you're my best friend whom I can ever count on, because it's a fucking lie that everyone throws at my face." Spitting these bitter words on Rudra's face Aditya stormed off from there to see his grandmother.