𝟏𝟏. 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Kiri watched Neteyam get back from apologizing to Ao'nung. She was so eager to ask Neteyam about his relationship with Alo'an.

She noticed as he came back on his ilus, quickly jumping into the hut. Neteyam saw her staring at every move he made, which made him uncomfortable.

"What?" Neteyam asked, perking up an eyebrow. "Oh, nothing..." Kiri sighed.

She rolled her eyes sarcastically, turning back to Neteyam. He laughed, seeing as she was obviously waiting to say something.

"So, what's going in with you and Alo'an?" she asked, smiling.

Neteyam froze. He looked at the girl and shook his head.

"Nothing." he shrugged. "Are you sure? I saw the way he was staring at you on the beach." she teased. "You guys even appeared together."

Neteyam chuckled. He couldn't say anything about their relationship, because he didn't know if it was a relationship. He once again shrugged, dismissing her statement.

"Oh come on, you can tell me." she groaned. "I would if I knew what our relationship was." Neteyam hummed.

Kiri rolled her eyes in annoyance. She didn't like that Neteyam was hiding something from her. She didn't know that he was being serious. He didn't know what they had going on.

"So then what do you know about your little situation?" Kiri asked. "Well...nothing, really." Neteyam replied.

Kiri stared at the boy, seeing him put away the ilus' material.

"Have you guys ya know. Kissed or something?" she giggled. "Yeah, we have." Neteyam answered.

Kiri's face turned serious. How come they had no relationship, yet...they kissed? On the other hand, she was excited that they'd kissed!

"That's amazing!" Kiri gasped, grabbing her brother's shoulders. "When did you guys kiss, and what happened after, what happened?" she asked.

Neteyam smiled, seeing how interested his sister was.

"It happened last night...when I left the party early." he explained. "I'd found him at the beach a few minutes after he kissed me, and after...there wasn't really an after. He went home and I went with you guys." Neteyam shrugged. "What about this morning?" Kiri asked. "This morning he was showing me some of his favorite things on the island...why?" Neteyam replied.

Kiri gasped.

"He showed you his favorite things?" she smiled, playfully elbowing the boy. "Yeah." Neteyam shrugged. "That means he likes you!" Kiri exclaimed.

Neteyam was shocked, seeing how excited his sister looked for him. Kiri giggled, suddenly gaining a lot of energy. After settling down, she stared at her brother.

"Who else knows about it?" she asked. "Well, probably the whole village now. All because of your yelling." Neteyam chuckled. "No, seriously." Kiri whispered. "Uhm...you, Lo'ak, Tsireya, and mom." he mumbled.

Kiri's jaw dropped when she heard the word "mom" come out of his mouth.

"Mom knows about it." she gasped. "Yeah. She was the whole reason that kiss happened." Neteyam smiled. "She was the reason?" Kiri chuckled, gasping even louder.

Neteyam laughed as he shook his head. He had never seen Kiri so interested in his life before.

"So...have you guys talked about your feelings and whatnot." Kiri asked.

Neteyam looked at her, shaking his head.

"Oh, Alo'an. I love you!" she mocked. "Netryam, I love you more." she whispered.

She turned around, and grabbed her braid, pretending to connect it to something.

"Now we're in love forever." she mumbled.

Neteyam laughed at the stupidity. He found it funny. He then realized that if he wanted anything from Alo'an, it was for him to understand his feelings.

"I would've told him, but I feel like it would've been too pressuring." he said, exiting the hut. "Why would he be pressured, you're just telling him how you feel." Kiri replied, following behind. "I didn't catch him having a happy time, Kiri." Neteyam groaned. "Oh." she nodded.

The two of them spent a long time talking, Neteyam just telling Kiri about the feelings he had towards Alo'an. That was when they saw Alo'an and Ao'nung arguing on shore.

"Are you crazy?" Alo'an shouted. "It was just supposed to be a joke. He should've been back by now." Ao'nung replied. "Nevermind. We have to go tell his parents. Who knows what's happened to him." Alo'an sighed.

He turned to see Neteyam, who was starting at the two. He was relieved.

"Go tell him." Alo'an pointed.

Ao'nung kept his head down in shame. He went up to Neteyam and explained everything. He and his friends had taken Lo'ak outside the reef, and he hadn't come back yet. Neteyam was worried, but the only expression shown on his face was anger.

He dragged the boy to his Marui, Alo'an, and Kiri following behind. He forced him to tell everything to Jake, who immediately went to tell Tonowari.

Tonowari sent people out to look for Lo'ak. They were all worried and disappointed in Ao'nung.

----
Idk if I should make y'all wait for another kiss or js give it to y'all 😋. I might make y'all wait js bc 🙄🙄.