𝟐. 𝐀 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧

Coming back from his walk, Alo'an met his dad in the pod. Aniri saw him walk in and put his knife down.

"Right on time." the man smiled. "Yeah, I didn't go too far." Alo'an replied.

Aniri stood up and pat his son's head. The two started walking to the chief's home. Aniri looked at his son before letting out a breath.

"I have something to ask you." he said, letting his son go. "What is it?" Alo'an hummed. "Earlier, when you were with Tsireya, why were you looking at that one boy like that?" Aniri asked.

Alo'an was suddenly nervous. He didn't know if he should lie or not.

"How was I looking at him?" the boy mumbled. "I don't know, but it wasn't friendly." Aniri replied. "Oh, well I probably did it on accident, you know I can't control my face sometimes." he laughed nervously.

Aniri nodded, letting out another breath. This time it was of relief. The two could see Tsireya outside the home, waving at them.

"The food's still getting prepared, so you'll have to wait a bit." she smiled. "That's fine." Aniri replied, walking to Tonowari.

Tsireya looked at Alo'an, whose mood seemed to be down. She handed him a fruit.

"What's wrong?" she asked. "My dad saw how we were looking at those kids. He asked me about it." he mumbled.

Tsireya hummed, knowing what he was talking about. She knew that Alo'an didn't want to tell Aniri this thing, since he knew that Aniri would flip.

"Kids, come here." Tonowari said.

The three of them, and Ronal, made their way to the two dads. They were instructed to sit, so they did. Tonowari looked at his daughter, who immediately smiled at him.

"Alright, so dad and I decided that after training tomorrow, to properly welcome the family, we should give them a welcome party." Tsireya explained. "Oh, that'll be fun." Ao'nung hummed. "Yeah, but I'll need someone to train the Sullys while we prepare." Tsireya hummed, looking at Alo'an.

He smiled at the girl, shrugging.

"Sure, I can do it." he said. "Great! That's amazing!" Tsireya exclaimed. "So the party will be after sunset just to make it more lively." Tonowari added. "Yes, the place where it will be has bioluminescent plants, which look beautiful under the night sky." Ronal smiled.

Alo'an smiled, looking at Tsireya.

"We will make sure to tell the village while you train the family with dad, Rotxo and Pa'iti will join you later in the day." she said. "Okay." Alo'an nodded. "Is that it?" Ao'nung asked, rubbing his stomach. "I'm hungry."

The others laughed at his whining as the food was given to them. Alo'an was thankful to have a new task. He was afraid his days were getting too predictable.