Akane Aoi || 𝘗𝘰𝘱𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘳 ||

"Akane-San is very popular, isn't she?" pondered your friend, Yuma. "I wish I'd be as popular as her..." Yuma sighed, looking at the purple-haired girl with envy.

"Well, you can't blame her." Your other friend, Kaori, argued. "Akane-san gets along with almost everyone, she's pretty, she's smart... she seems to have no weakness..."

Yuma narrowed her eyes at Kaori. "So, are you saying I'm not smart?" She fumed. "I am!" 

You looked at your two friends with a disapproving glance. "Yuma, Kaori didn't want to say that..." you stated  "She's just saying that some people are born seen as perfect people by others, like Akane-San or Minamoto-senpai."

Kaori nodded. "Yep! I'm not saying that you're dumb, or that you're ugly. The three of us are perfect, but we're just too good for society!" 

Upon hearing this, Yuma smiled. "Yes, maybe you're right..." she murmured. "Did you hear that Aoi-San tried confessing to Akane-San again, but failed?"

"Is that even new news anymore?" Kaori laughed.

You wished the conversation wasn't centered on Akane Aoi. You had a crush on her since you met her starting Kamome. She was just very nice, kind, beautiful...

She was in your same classroom during the first year of Middle School. You started liking her since then, but the more popular she became, the more scared you were to confess in fear of being rejected.

"Y/N, you there?" Kaori asked, waving her hand in front of your face. You snapped out of your trance and nervously nodded. "Yeah, I'm here." You squeaked.

"That's good. Come on! I wanna get some donuts!" Yuma crooned, heading towards the door. Kaori chuckled and went after her.

You got up and slowly walked towards the door. You didn't want to let a simple crush impact a nice afternoon with your friends.

The thing was, it was not just a simple crush.

You frequently found yourself thinking about Aoi. How could you not? Many people did!

You hadn't shared a class with Aoi since the second Middle School year. How were you even going to confess to her if you decided to do so?

You were so engrossed in thought you didn't even notice your friend getting behind you. "BOO!!" Yuma shouted, making you yelp in surprise. 

"Haha, got you!" Yuma smiled. Kaori seemed worried. "Y/N, are you alright?" She asked calmly. 

You looked at her with a sad smile. "I'm alright. Don't worry about me." Kaori was about to question you further, but shut up and kept walking.

While leaving school grounds, you saw a handsome brown-haired guy talking to Aoi. He was confessing, you knew. She might accept, you thought. You sighed, and kept walking with your friends.

"Oh no, I forgot my wallet in my locker! I'll be right back!" Yuma exclaimed. Kaori ran after her. "You don't know the password! Do you?! Let me help you!" She yelled behind Yuma, leaving you alone.

'Would it hurt to see the confession?'  You wondered. That was eavesdropping, but you would be the first to know if Aoi was dating someone, so you left your standing spot and got behind a pillar to listen to the confession.

"Akane-San..." the guy started. "I love you so much. Please, go out with me." 'Hmm, very straight forward,' you thought.

"Um, Kaito-Kun..." Aoi started. "I don't, um, feel the same..." the guy sighed. "It's alright. This thing was an actual date anyways."

"I think I like girls more, you know?" Aoi said in a pleading tone. Your eyes widened a bit. "Girls. Yeah, girls. I'll tell everyone when I'm ready. Maybe tomorrow? Nene-Chan already knows, and so does Akane-Kun. As long as both are supporting me, I'll be fine."

You couldn't help but to smile big. You went back to your waiting spot, only to find a confused Kaori and an excited Yuma.

"Let's go, Y/N! You're smiling a lot! What happened?" Yuma inquired. You just shrugged, and you and your friends started walking towards the school entrance.

'Maybe I DO have a chance...' you thought.

Little did you know, a purple haired girl was staring at you from the distance.