Riften

The carriage rattled as it trundled along. It was silent. Mostly. The horse's hooves clattered against the cobbled road, and they snorted and huffed. Wolves howled somewhere off in the distance.

Qa'nabi was sleeping, her head in Svali's lap, curled into a ball. Svali absent-mindedly petted the thicker fur on her head, she didn't want to think about anything. Her eyes and throat hurt from all the crying.

They'd spoken to the Jarl once Svali had calmed down and hopped in the first carriage headed to Riften, aiming to get Ivarstead. They were going to try and speak with the Greybeards. Neither of them had any idea whether they would let them in or not, but they needed answers, and without Uthgerd...

Svali cursed under her breath, fingers tightening in the Khajiit's fur, tugging it just enough to stir her from her slumber.

Qa'nabi stirred and flicked an ear, looking up with half opened eyes, "Svali?"

"Sorry, Cat. I didn't mean to wake you."

She smiled, a wonky, toothy smile. She sat up a little, paws the other side of the Nord's lap, "it's alright. We're almost to Riften."

"Are we?"

She nodded, and pointed, "that's one of the towers. I remember seeing them marked on the map."

Svali squinted, and then opened the pouch on the belt of her new armor, trying to find her map. Eorlund had forged the armor when he'd heard the news about Uthgerd. Steel plate. Just like hers. Carved wolves into it.

She ran her fingers along the wolf on the stomach of her breast plate. Wistful. Soft. She snarled at herself and went to look at the map when the carriage suddenly shuddered to a halt.

"First time to Riften?"

She glared at the carriage driver. She'd already warned him about meaningless conversation.

"Yes," Qa'nabi jumped in, "any advice?"
"Ha! No. Good luck, though. City ain't what it once was."

After jumping from the cart, she held out a hand to Qa'nabi. The Khajiit took it and gently hopped down, beaming at her, she bobbed a curtesy when she let go of her hand, and Svali bowed in response. They must've looked like quite a pair.

The Nord at the stables scoffed at the pair of them. Qa'nabi looped her arm was though Svali's before she had a chance to lash out.

*

"Have you ever been with a Nord before, Wood Elf?"
"I... My name is Valindor?"
"I don't know, is it?"

The Bosmer blushed so much even the tips of his ears turned pink, swallowing the lump in his throat as he stammered out a reply. Svali had changed from her armor after they'd rented a room in the Bee and Barb. The dress she was wearing had her tightly corseted, no wonder the Elf could barely string a sentence together.

Qa'nabi locked eyes with Svali over the Bosmer's shoulder and winked, slyly walking past and slashing his coin purse from his belt with a single claw, tucking it into the pocket of her skirt without a sound.

"I..." Valindor swallowed again, simply entranced by Svali's words, the way she smiled, the way she purred as she spoke. "May I buy you a drink?" His voice was quiet, nervous. With another drink in her, Svali might've even gone home with him, he was a little cute, in the same way a lost puppy was.

Besides from the fact he was a man. Svali did not enjoy the company of the other sex. Found that typically, they were boring. Predictable. Plus, they often underestimated her.

Sun's Dawnजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें