I sucked my teeth.

"I meaaaan, you could go through the court."

I looked at my mom.

"Nah, it'll be Aii."

"Leonard you better be careful before you make a wrong move. The safest thing for you to do is get joint custody through the courts."

I'm not gonna go to court just so Niyah can hear them say I deserve to see my child. She should already know that.

"I think staying on Niyah good side is working just fine."

"Well obviously not Leonard. It was just a suggestion anyways."

Having a baby moms is fucking stressful as fuck.

"Aww look, she done fell asleep."

She said referring to my baby who was sleeping in her arms.

"Imma take her upstairs."

I said grabbing her from my moms arms.

"And I'm gonna head out. Love youuuuuu."

She said as she got up.

"Yeaaa we love you tooo."

Nika pov

I just stared at Mak as we spoke. Obviously about you know who. I was currently staying at Mak house because I really didn't want L'a to know I was here but you know. Niggas is always making pop up visits. So Rondo already knew I was here, meaning L'a was gonna find out soon.

"How you gonna do all this complaining but not leave him Nika?"

Mak asked looking at me confused. I just shrugged.

"Man Mak it's not that easy. I'm sure you been in love before. You don't wanna leave that person alone."

He looked down.

"Yea I guess."

I laid back on his bed and sighed.

"Sometimes I wish, I listened to you when I first came down here."

I said shaking my head.

"Shit, me too. I feel like, if I didn't try and push you away from him so much. Maybe, just maybe you wouldn't have been so drawn towards him."

I laughed a little.

"I still cannot believe I've been shot and stabbed over this nigga. Yet he still don't even realize how lucky he is to have me here."

"Nah, he knows. Trust me he knows, he just continues to make the wrong choices. That nigga was not made to be in a relationship."

"Even after 2 years and almost costing me my life. Crazy."

I just sighed.

"Man where y'all niggas at?"

I sighed hearing that familiar voice followed by the front door closing. I looked at Mak.