Chapter 6 Lost and Found

Start from the beginning

Decorating for the parties always went one of two ways. They were either really nice down times and you could enjoy yourself. Or they were tedious and the parents were here 40 minutes earlier than they should be and complain for you to hurry up.

At least this was the good out of the two. You pushed tables together, making sure they were long enough for all the guests. You double checked the attendance before getting out the table clothes and party hats.

Everything was lined up neatly, carefully sprinkling confetti in the table you gazed at all the shapes. Lightening bolts and stars, triangles and circles all in varying colors.

The staff bots arrived a bit later than you'd of liked with the rest of the decorations, but you don't think you minded. Taking them with a thank you, you got to work tying balloons to the back of chairs and to the middle of the table. (Which was waiting for the cake, but that would be Freddy's job later.)

Carefully you walked around the parameter of where the party would be, roping it off so no one would accidentally ruin the birthday boys day. The security staff bot arrived shortly after awaiting the parents and guests that sound show up soon.

You took a deep breath standing back to examine your work. You have to admit this is probably one of your better decorated parties. You hummed satisfied, stepping out of the party zone just in time.

"Oh boy!" You heard a little boy gasp, rushing towards the security bot that stopped him from getting closer. His parents were behind him smiling brightly at his expression. He turned around quickly hands folded into fists shaking excitedly.
"Is this all for me?!"

His parents laughed nodding coming closer to show the staff bot their Fazwatch. (Which was a cheaper version of the one you wore. It didn't have nearly all the functions yours did, but it was touch screen and showed a map of the pizzaplex and their passes for the day. If they wanted to buy one like yours they'd have to pay $250 for it. There wasn't any perks of having the expensive one other than saying you had it.)

You lingered off to the side watching as the family entered first. The little boy spotted all the neatly wrapped presents on the table, eager to tear into them but held back waiting for his friends.

Sometimes it was nice to see families like this. You've been so consumed in your case and work that you barely had anytime to stop and see the hood in the world. It was hard to forget, but there was still good here. You smiled at the sight unable to help it, you were distracted now.

"E-excuse me?" A frail little voice snapped you out of your staring. Quickly you looked down feeling a tug at your pants to see a little girl standing before you. Her green eyes pierced your (E/C) ones. She looked like she was about to cry, one hand lifted to rub away any tears that threatened to spill.
"I-I lost my mommy."

You knelt down to meet her at her level, taking her hand gently off your pants to hold it in your hand now.

"Oh no," you spoke softly careful not to upset her, "I'll help you find her sweetie. Do you remember where you saw her last?"

You smiled reassuringly at her. She sniffled turning around to gaze into the sea of people before looking at you again. She seemed hesitant shaking her head.

"There-there's a lot of people. I-I remember Chica on a picture...and-and stuffed animals." She whimpered sounding distressed. You softly patted her hand before reaching inside your pocket pulling out a sticker.

"When I get scared I like to put a sticker on me." It was a lie but you only had stickers on you to give to kids. You hoped it would make her feel better.
"Would you like one of my stickers while we find your mom?"