Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"She left my apartment before we did," Ally admitted. "In fact, we were expecting you to be gone already instead of waiting for us."

"There's no way I would leave without setting out the rules," I cleared my throat before closing the door to my home. "Rule number one, clean up every mess you guys make."

"What are we, five years old? Mila, don't worry," Normani laughed, plopping herself down on the living room couch.

"Rule number two, no porn movies."

"Jesus Christ, Camila!" Ally shouted as she smushed herself on top of Normani like a child. "We may be three horny girls, but there will be no threesomes going on tonight!"

"Damn it, I was really looking forward to getting on with you guys tonight," Normani played along with a pout. "Maybe Lauren will ditch your date tonight to make it a foursome?"

"It can't be a date, Mani," Dinah perked up with her arms caressing her shirt. "Camila's married to that douchebag, remember?"

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes. "And finally rule number three, no alcohol of any kind. I really don't want to come home and find this whole place trashed and the police trying to get you to stop ding-dong ditching every apartment here."

"We weren't planning on drinking anyways," Normani hesitantly responded, but her eyes glanced over at Dinah's stomach for a quick moment. I raised my eyebrow at the peculiar action and slowly turned to face Dinah whose eyes were widened.

I looked down at Dinah's arms who were obviously supporting something under her t-shirt, "Dinah? Are you pregnant or something?"

"I'm not sexually active."

"Dinah, what's under your shirt?"

There was a long moment of silence until the taller girl swiftly removed a container of cans from under her clothing and tossed it behind me, "Hide the beers, Mani!"

Normani instantly sprinted from the area, her joyful cackles filling the home. Before I could chase after the dark-skinned woman, the familiar doorbell rang through the apartment.

"Lauren's here!" I gasped at the sound and frantically pushed my fingers through my hair in attempt to make myself look more presentable. "Dinah, do I look okay? Ally? Jesus, should I fix my makeup really quickly?"

"Mila," Dinah grabbed my shoulders abruptly and made direct eye contact with me. "You look gorgeous. Now go answer the door."

I took a deep breath and approached the door cautiously, silently praying for the green-eyed beauty to be on the other side. God must've heard my pleading because the awaited dark haired woman stood with a flustered expression on her face in front of me. She rolled the stem of a single red rose between her fingertips, the color matching her similar slim red clubbing dress. Black eyeliner also outlined her already magical eyes, making them pop out even more.

"Hey... Camz," she breathed out, obviously eyeing my body. "Wow you look.. beautiful. I'm s-so sorry I'm late. I told you I'd pick you up at 8:30, so I d-drove to some flower shop on the other side of t-town and ended up in some traffic and I'm really-"

I cut off the rambling girl by engulfing her in a heartfelt hug. Her heart was beating much faster and I could feel each individual beat against my chest. The staggered breathing on my neck was gradually settling down and I myself practically melted into the basic hold.

"Why don't we get out of here?" I whispered into her ear, receiving a fast nod that was just as eager as I was to continue the night.

*