XXXXIX

CHAPTER FOUR
PAGE SIX

"Hey Clemmie?" Wren asked popping his head in the door of the greenhouse where she stood brushing up broken glass.

"Anything you want done before we go? There's only two weeks now and I just wanted to check ya know" he rambled on, scratching the back of his neck.

"You've already done amazing darling" she replied a soft smile on her face.

"But you'd let me know if you think of anything, right?"

"Right".

It couldn't be further from the truth. Everything they'd done, it had been a chore at first both for them and her but now she could call those criminals her friends.

The downstairs was almost finished, she couldn't have done that without them.

The little time she had left with them was to be spent enjoying their presence.

"Would you like to go get some ice cream?" She enquired.

"You're joking?" He asked incredulously,
"What kind of question is that?" His eyebrows raised,
"Hell yeah"

"Go get the other two then" Clementine laughed, wiping her hands on her dungarees.

The boys hopped in her little convertible and they were off.

The passed through Doonwater and carried on along the country roads until they reached a small farm looking out over the sea.

She pulled into the car park as the boys made fun of the location.

"Only here would you find an ice cream parlour at a farm"

"Shut it or I won't buy yous any" she looked at the over the top of her sunglasses as she did it.

Jamie made a zipping action over his mouth.

Alexander held a lazy smile as he gazed over at Clementine.

"So what's your flavour of choice?" He questioned placing his hand on her lower back.

"I like honeycomb" she said quietly, a small blush rising in her cheeks.

He just looked down at her, a knowing look in his eyes.