A door creaked open and Aurora turned. It was from Nesta and Cassian's room. A shadow moved from the dark room and into the hallway, then they turned and stopped when they saw Aurora. She blinked, trying to focus her eyes and push away the blur. She saw hair similar to her own, a body only clad in an unbuttoned silk sleep shirt and underwear. A body that made Aurora's stomach churn.

"Gwyn?" She whispered, hating how her voice cracked. She watched Gwyn stiffen, then inch forward.

"Aurora," she acknowledged in a slightly slurred tone. Aurora looked at the door in front of herself, then back at Gwyn.

"What are you doing?" She asked, louder now. Aurora hoped she couldn't see the streaks of wetness on her red cheeks.

"I couldn't sleep," the priestess responded. Aurora swallowed, stepping back from the door.

"Where are you going?" She asked, knowing the answer already. Aurora sensed the nervousness in Gwyn, the way her fingers played with a button that was just inches away from revealing her entire torso. Gwyn didn't answer, and Aurora looked back at the door. "He's in there," she murmured before turning and retreating down the steps. That familiar tightness in her chest and the sickness in her stomach rose up again. Aurora pushed through her bedroom door and kicked it shut behind her.

Tears were flowing freely now, and she buried herself in the blankets that still smelled of Azriel. It was soon enough that exhaustion and intoxication brought a dreamless sleep over her.

When Aurora woke just before the sunrise, she didn't feel rested. Her head pounded, throat dry, and eyes burned. She tried to force herself back to sleep, but thoughts of Gwyn going to her mate's bedroom loomed in her mind. Aurora huffed, bringing her sore body from the bed and tugging on a pair of loose fitting shorts that Feyre had given her. She quickly braided back her hair and tied it off, then marched her way down the stairs and out into the back garden.

Aurora didn't mind she was barefoot, she didn't mind that she only had less than a few hours of sleep. She grabbed a sword and a dagger from the weapons collection and began training. She was sure alcohol still ran through her body because she fumbled her steps. When she worked with the dagger against the plush opponent, she was unbalanced and tripped over herself. The dagger slid across her thigh, blood dripping from the scar tissue that was torn open. Aurora sucked in a breath between her teeth, righted her footing, and kept working.

She moved onto a sword when the sun had risen. Sweat dripped down her face and chest as she maneuvered, swung, and stabbed. When her arms grew tired, she placed the sword and dagger back in their shed and grabbed weights. Aurora didn't mind the dirt beneath her as she laid on her back, crossing her arms over the weight on her chest, and began doing sit ups. Her arms and legs were the most built part of her, but she struggled with the core workouts. Her breath was ragged as she moved to several other weights and routines before she was interrupted by boots on the dirt.

Aurora dropped the heavy weight to her side and looked up at the trail through the gardens. Underneath the light of the sun, shadows loomed over her mate as he trudged towards her. Aurora pressed her palms into the dirt and leaned back on them, chest heaving from the heavy workout.

"What are you doing out here?" Azriel hummed, crouching down in front of Aurora. Two fingers ran down her thigh and over the scabbing cut.

"I couldn't sleep," she breathed out, lifting a hand to rub against her eye where sweat was dripping down her brow. Azriel caught her wrist, lowering her hand then lifting his thumb to wipe away the beat of sweat.

"Your hands are dirty," he explained, then straightened and held out a hand. "Come on, beautiful. Let's take a bath and you can tell me all about your night with your friends." Aurora sighed as she put her hand into his and let herself be hauled up to her feet. Azriel leaned over and brushed some of the dirt from her back and then began collecting the weights and returning them to the shed. Aurora's legs trembled with soreness as she met Azriel at the trail and began walking with him back to the still silent house. She looked over at his attire, noting that he was still in his sleeping clothes.

"Did you sleep well last night?" She asked, wondering if Gwyn did make it into his room with her barely-there pajamas. Azriel huffed with a quiet laugh.

"Not great, I had Cass snoring in my ear and trying to hold me all night," he grinned. Aurora didn't know what emotion went through her when his hand snuck behind her back and curled around her waist. She did know that her body reacted by stiffening. "And you? How was your time at Rita's?" Aurora looked up at Az, his eyes slightly shadowed by sleep and a lazy smile on his lips.

"It was fine," Aurora responded simply. She didn't want to tell him how she was left out by the trio or how Gwyn quizzed Aurora on him.

"Just fine? Did you dance, or drink?"

"I drank a lot," Aurora sighed, feeling her head tilt over and rest on his shoulder before they walked in the house.

"I'm shocked you didn't come find me last night, I'm sure Cassian wouldn't have minded the extra company," Azriel thought out loud, squeezing her side gently. Aurora felt a shiver through her body.

"Well, I did go to your room but I didn't end up going inside. Did you get a visitor?" Aurora couldn't help but ask. Azriel lifted a brow as he looked down at her.

"No. Why didn't you come in?" He asked as they began to climb the stairs. Aurora didn't know how to answer that question without exposing Gwyn.

"Someone was in the hall and I just didn't want to bother so I went back to my room," she answered quickly. Azriel didn't respond but rather began moving his thumb over her waist as he pushed open her bedroom door.

Aurora slipped from his arm and headed for the bathing chamber, moving to close the door, but Azriel caught it. His brows knitted together as he studied her.

"Do you not want me to join? I was just going to help you clean up." Aurora's gaze fell to her dirtied feet, throat going dry again. Something about the way she saw herself last night, she didn't want him to see her, too. However, the thought of him wanting to take the time and help her get clean did sound nice.

"I'll let you know when to come in," Aurora spoke quickly. Azriel studied her a moment longer but nodded and closed the door. She let out a heavy breath and pulled off his tunic and her bottoms, leaving them in a pile on the floor. She started the hot water and poured in far too much soap to create a layer of thick suds on the top. When the tub was filled and her body was hidden beneath the bubbles, Aurora called out Azriel's name.