43

As she walked down the stairs, Aurora felt pride. Not only for getting back at Az, but also for allowing herself to be seen and touched by two more people. Something about that felt powerful, and she was elated as she headed towards her room. As Aurora made it to the landing of the second floor, Feyre and Rhysand were walking up the stairs, Nyx in Feyre's arms.

"What are you up to, Aurora?" Rhysand asked, eyeing the pieces of clothing that were tucked in her arms. A blush fought its way onto her cheeks as she glanced between the two.

"Nothing, just headed to my room," she said, slipping past them and to the corridor.

"Goodnight, Aurora!" Feyre called out, giggling. Rhysand mumbled something to her as they climbed the steps to the third floor. Aurora flattened her lips into a line and hurried to her room. She opened the door and a groan left her lips when Azriel was sitting on the edge of her bed, reading through the book she had left.

"What do you want?" She asked as she closed the door behind her. He stayed seated, setting the book beside him and resting his elbows on his thighs. Aurora nearly grinned when she saw the shadows that moved around him, clouding his head and shoulders.

"I wanted to know if you'd go through with it," Azriel stated, a slight shrug. Aurora definitely still felt the effects of the bottles she had drank, a ghost a smile rising to her face as she bit her lip.

"I did," she responded. Azriel's throat bobbed as she walked up to him, her hands being placed on his knees. She felt completely foreign compared to normal, maybe it was the alcohol or maybe the confidence that rose after what she had done, but she fluttered her lashes and met his dark stare.

"And?" Azriel urged, his eyes falling to wear her peaked breasts shown through the cream colored shirt.

"And I came on Cassian's tongue, Nesta came on mine." Azriel's eyes flicked to hers, somehow darkening more. She felt his shadows lick at her skin.

"I'm going to fucking kill him," Azriel snapped, anchored to the bed by her hands. Aurora felt his muscle tense under her palms, saw the way his jaw locked.

"Why? He wasn't the only one to do anything, I'm the one who pleasured Nesta," Aurora responded, tilting her head slightly.

"Then I'll kill her, too." His eyes fell to her lips, his own lips parted with staggered breaths.

"I'm the one who went to their room, Azriel. That seems unfair, doesn't it? You don't see me tearing off Elain's head, as much as I want to, but you joined her in bed," Aurora explained, her voice thick now. Being this close to him was a mistake, the bond still fresh and begging for his touch.

"I did it because she wouldn't let me get a word in. I tried to tell her about you, but she just kept kissing me. She led my hand to her when we kissed in the hallway, she grabbed me out of my trousers. I didn't know how to say no," Azriel snapped. Aurora's eyes widened. Elain had forced him to please her. Elain had forced him. Anger seethed in her, her stomach felt like it was on fire.

"I'm going to kill her," Aurora warned, the hands on his legs now trembling with the promise of death. Azriel's hands slid over hers, anchoring her to him.

"I will figure it out, Aurora. I promise you. I told you where that room was because how is it fair that I've finished tonight by the hands of another and I deny you of that? As much as I hated knowing it, it wouldn't be fair," Azriel spoke quickly, a hand rising to her cheek. Guilt now killed the fury. He had let her go to that room thinking she was getting revenge, only because he thought it was wrong for him to receive pleasure, even if he didn't want it.

"Az-," Aurora started, but his thumb ran over her lips, silencing her.

"Don't. I know the mistakes I made, let's forget that. For now, tell me about it. Was it good? Did Cassian do better with his mouth than I do?" Heat rushed to her cheeks, her lips pressing to his thumb in a small kiss before he pulled it away.