{7} The Alliance

BELLAMY

After finding Raven, no one had left camp since. It was constantly busy with people milling around and doing small chores here and there. The Head Engineer from The Ark: Sinclair had set up an electrical fence along with Wick's help meaning nothing could get in. Nor could anyone get out.

Which made life for me in Camp Jaha difficult. I was so used to being able to do whatever the hell I wanted, whenever the hell I wanted, now that freedom had been taken and I didn't know what to do with myself.

I had tried to plead with Kane over and over to let me out to find them, but each time he refused.

Sat on a crate that acted as a chair with a small table made from metal scraps, I toyed with an empty, metal can that had long been empty. I knew almost no-one there, and I'm sure none of them were keen to make friends with the Chancellors assassin.

It was driving me mad. Being stuck with nothing to do all day.

I placed the can down on the table and rubbed my eyes, feeling them drooping heavily from yet another night with little sleep. I made my way towards the medical tent to see Abby, Wick and Raven. She had been slipping in and out of both sleep and consciousness since the operation meaning I hadn't had a chance to ask her about the others. Wick was constantly by her side, waiting for her to wake up properly; the only time he ever left was when Sinclair needed him, and he had to practically drag him out the tent. As for Abby, I don't know how she held it all together. She hadn't shed a tear in front of anyone about Clarke's death. Although I know all too well that a leader should never be weak in front of their people.

"Can you feel that?" Abby asked as I walked in. They all glanced over to me when I entered, Abby giving me a small nod and then turning back to face Raven who's face had gained some colour and eyes no longer filled with fear.

She nodded in response to Abby running a small pin down her right foot and then up her leg. I went and stood on the side opposite Wick, giving a small smile to try to comfort Raven. We'd all been through things and we needed each other.

Abby moved onto the other side, running the pin over Raven's foot and leg. "Are you doing it?" Raven asked as Abby reached her knee, stopped when Raven asked the question. She sent a worried glance in my direction for a brief moment, only so I could notice before she continued to run the pin up her leg. Ravens face lifted slightly then dropped when she announced she could feel it at the top of her thigh.

Wick soon rushed off to make her some sort of brace to aid her walking and Abby had other matters to attend to, leaving Raven and I in the medical tent.

I opened my mouth to speak but she beat me to it.

"Look, I know what you're gonna say..." She looked from the roof of the tent to me, a look of sympathy in her brown eyes. "But I don't know where they went. One minute Jasper and Monty were closing the doors, the next they had all vanished into thin air." She sighed and then reached over to a canteen of water, taking a few sips as I spoke.

"I need to find them... who am I to let sixty kids-"

"Around forty actually..." Raven said, her attention to detail being both annoying and helpful.

"Well I can't let them disappear... but no one will let me out this god damn camp!" My voice rose as I spoke, almost to a shout.

"Woah calm down Blake. Just tell Wick to shut the electricity on the fence down for a few minutes, tell him I sent you." A smirk crossed her face, one that you could instantly associate with Raven. "I love having someone that does anything you ask, it's great!" She said enthusiastically, her expression dropping slightly just as my heart did.