Chapter 7

Genevieve's POV
"Now if you don't want to be an orphan, you better return , take your seat and sign those rules " he authorized.
I wanted to say something but nothing came out of my mouth so I just reluctantly walked to the dinning table and sat down, I signed the papers then pushed them to his side of the table.

I gazed at my food but my  mind wandered to what I have  gotten myself into as tears rolled down my eyes. But I quickly wiped my tears when I saw shadows hovering over my head.

I raised my head up and saw Louisa and the other maids, that I haven't met yet. I heard someone clearing his throat and I immediately knew it was Raphael .
************************************************************************************************************
Raphael's POV
I looked at her and playfully smirked before saying
"You all are taking a leave of absence for six months, since I have my darling fiancee with me , I definitely don't think there is any need for  maids since she will be doing all the chores starting from tomorrow"
"Sir?? But why sir?? Did we do anything wrong Sir???" Clarissa said.
"You guys haven't done anything wrong , I have made up my mind and it is final. I will send in your salaries for this month into your account, I don't want to see you all when I wake up tomorrow  do you understand "I demanded
They nodded and left . As soon as they left, Genevieve stood up and spoke
"What???? This isn't part of the contract" she uttered.
"Who said anything about contract? It is your punishment for showing me disrespect and another word from you, your punishment will be increased" I affirmed and walked off to my room.
************************************************************************************************************
Genevieve's POV
I sat on the floor and broke down into tears thinking *what I have gotten myself into*this is not what I planned for but I quickly wiped my tears when I saw Louisa.
She immediately ran to the floor and hugged me saying
"Ma'am what's wrong what happened did you and sir get into a fight"
" No I'm fine" I sighed trying to control my breathe before running to my room.
I cried my eyes out till I slept.

It was now morning when I was woken up by the rays of the sun shining brightly at my face.
I saw a shadow in my room but before I could ask who was there the person spoke out
"Get up you have work to do, I need  my breakfast with a cup of coffee in an hour, then clean up this place we will be having guests today" he immediately left the room and I recognized that it was Raphael
*I have to gather myself up and be strong for  mum, the contract will soon end it's just time but until then I have to accept my fate*I faked a smile
I got up made my bed, took my bath, went to the kitchen and started making breakfast.
I hummed one of the songs that my mum taught me whilst making breakfast.

Minutes later
I was done making breakfast, cleaned the whole place, when I saw Raphael coming downstairs.
"I was just about to go and call you sir" I stated.
He didn't reply me instead he sat down as I served him the food and stood there.
"The fashion designer will be coming over today so be prepared" he said whilst eating.
I was about to go to the kitchen when the door bell rang, I ran and opened the door, and greeted
"Good morning sir"
"Please just refer to me as Ivan, " he politely replied whilst coming into the living room.
"What shall I offer you Ivan?" I asked.
"Ummm wine will be okay" he responded. As I turned my back returning to the kitchen to get his wine he continued
"Please tell Raphael that I'm here".
I ran to get his wine then served him when he asked
"You didn't tell me your name beautiful"
"I'm Genevieve" I uttered.
"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl like you" I giggled and tried to hide my flushed cheeks when Raphael cleared his throat and said
"She's my fiancee, Ivan and I definitely don't want you flirting with her because I'm pretty sure you try it the next time you are going to have a broken nose"
"Dude relax why are you getting all worked up , you should know me by now, by the way you didn't tell me that you have a fiancee neither a girlfriend and why are you making her do all the chores in the house where are your maids??" Ivan questioned.
"I told them to go on a leave and lately she has been disrespectful so I'm punishing her for that" Raphael stated and asked
"Genevieve  leave us alone, and go to your room now"
I immediately walked upstairs and went to my room.
************************************************************************
Raphael's POV
"Dude you can't remove all your anger on her for what Mia has done, it's not right, she seems caring nice and loving,just don't hurt her cause of mia" he uttered
"Mia! Mia! That's the only name you guys know, I'm not doing this cause of Mia, I'm punishing her for disrespecting me and one more thing Genevieve is not as innocent as she looks ok" I angered.
"You and I both know that's not true, you think she is just like Mia, I see the way you looked at her when I maid that statement and you looked jealous, a feeling I have not seen you possess since you and Mia went separate ways , Raphael stop punishing the girl for a mistake she didn't do and rehire the maids , give yourself a chance "Ivan advised
"Before you came I was busy as you can see, we will see at the founder's party tomorrow " I said and walked off.
I went to my room but what Ivan said still lingered in my mind, I removed my shirt and walked to the wardrobe, removed a new one , when  I was interrupted by Genevieve.
"Oooo....... I'm so sorry about that but the fashion designer is waiting for you downstairs " she said whilst turning her head.
"Next time, knock before entering, tell him I will be there soon " I uttered