Yang: "What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!"

Ruby: "What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-"

Jaune: "Ridiculous!" (suddenly walking in between the sisters, holding a map and looking lost) "There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?"

Jaune passes Ip Taiji and Pyrrha Nikos as they ready themselves at their lockers.

Pyrrha: "Ip, I'm surprised that you'd be here."

Ip: "I'm also surprised that you chose Beacon over Haven."

Pyrrha: "Well I'm just glad that I have a familiar face around here."

Ip: "Yeah me too."

When the two were getting ready for the initiation, Weiss went up to Pyrrha and talked began to talk to her.

Weiss: "So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself!"

Pyrrha: "Hmm... I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may."

Weiss: "Well... I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together."

Pyrrha: "Well, that sounds grand!"

Weiss: "Great!"

The background disappears into a thundercloud as Weiss adopts a scheming pose and manic smile in her head.

Weiss: "This will be perfect! The smartest girl in class combined with the strongest girl in class! Together we will be unstoppable! I can see it now! We'll be popular! We'll be celebrities! We'll get perfect grades! Nothing can come between us now!"

Ip: (rolling his eyes after hearing what Weiss said) "Well, I think we'd be great on a team together as well, Pyrrha."

Weiss: (irritated) "Ugh, you again? And why would you think someone like you could be on a team with the Pyrrha Nikos, who has won the Mistral Region Tournament Champion four times in a row?"

Ip: (irritated) "Maybe perhaps I'm the one who fought her in the final round of all four of the her Mistral Region Tournaments. I would happen to let you know that I was close to first in all four of matches."

Jaune: (coming between them and interrupting two's argument) "You know what else is great? Me. Jaune Arc. Nice to meet you."

Weiss: (irritated) "You again?"

Pyrrha: (hurriedly letting herself be seen) "Nice to meet you, Jaune!"

Jaune: "Yeah, yeah." (pushes Pyrrha aside and talks to Weiss, posing slightly) "So, Weiss, couldn't help but overhear your fondness of me the other day."

Weiss: "Oh, you've got to be kidding me!"

Jaune: "Don't worry! No need to be embarrassed! So, been hearing rumors about teams! I was thinking you and me would make a good one! What do you say?"

Pyrrha: (getting Jaune's attention) "Actually, I think the teams are comprised of four students each, so-"

Jaune: "You don't say." (advances on his new target) "Well, hot stuff, play your cards right and maybe you could join up with the winning team."

Weiss: (separating the two) "Jaune, is it? Do you have any idea who you're talking to?"

Jaune: "Not in the slightest, snow angel."