Craig's eyes narrow as I immediately regret mentioning the topic, "He's mad at me? What a little dick."

"Are you mad at him?"

"Yeah, but I have my reasons. That prick has no reason to have an issue with me ."

I raise an eyebrow, "Why do you have a reason to be mad at him?"

Craig sighs, "It doesn't matter," he starts advancing to the door, "Common, let's get this shit over with."

I sigh before following him. What happened between those two?

***

KYLE

I watch as the lights flash and the music blares. As I lean against the wall, I watch people interact drunkenly as if they think underage drinking is cool. It's not that I don't get it; alcohol brings you to a free euphoric state that many people desire. But I still find it stupid. I guess I'm fine when people drink, and honestly, I don't care much when they even get drunk while doing it; but when people just drink to get drunk, I find it to be stupid. And I don't care if that's an "overused" word because it's the right one.

Ugh, I really hate parties. I don't even know why I'm here. I mean, I know why, but I still question my choices. That's why I wanted to walk. To clear my head and have a moment all alone before the exact opposite. But I have to be here; to watch over my friends. But yes, mostly Stan.

I saw Stan a few times throughout the night. He came here with Kenny and... Craig. I don't understand what exactly happened with all that. I mean, for years, the two had this stupid rivalry that I never completely understood but then bam, Tuesday friends? I just don't get that, and I get even more baffled by the fact that as the week went on, they slowly got closer to the point where I feel kind of replaced. I know, I know, it's a dramatic thought but aren't all our thoughts sort of dramatic?

I tilt my head back and close my eyes when a hand yanks my body off the wall. It's Kenny, "Jesus Christ, dude, what?"

"Kyle, guess what."

...Is he seriously waiting for me to guess? "What?" I say, annoyed.

"Clyde, has a karaoke machine here?" I don't know why he's smiling at me all wide-eyed. Wow, he must really be wasted if he thinks I'm going to sing.

"I'm not singing, Kenny."

The blonde frowns, "Oh, common Ky, live a little." Kenny starts tugging on my arm. I roll my eyes and sigh, loosening my stance, so Kenny pulls me toward the karaoke.

As we start to get closer to the machine's location, I mutter, "I'm still not singing."

"We'll see about that."

We enter the living room to see a group of people dancing and laughing as two people sing with mics staring at the words displayed on the screen of a karaoke machine as promised. I know that wasn't there when I first got here, which makes sense that Kenny only just now dragged me over here.

As I focus in on my surroundings, I realize that the two people singing are Tolkien and the man of the hour, Clyde himself. Are they, are they singing Baby Got Back? Okay, I will admit this is quite an entertaining little show. But I wonder how it would seem to watch this while drunk? It doesn't matter; I'm not drinking.

I suddenly feel another tug on my crossed arm, "Ooo, Kyle, we have to get up there."

I scoff, "Ha, you can, but I told you I'm not singing."

Kenny rolls his eyes, "Oh, would you stop being such a buzz kill for once? Oh, wait, scratch that. Would you stop not allowing yourself to have fun and live for once?"