𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒 ; thirteen

"You're such a goof, did you know that?" You say jokingly the moment he looked down at his phone.

Jake rolls his eyes, "Look who's talking."

You gasp in shock, "Excuse me, you're the one who is taking me out on a date right now."

"This." He says pointing back and forth between you and him, "This is not a date." He says scoffing.

"It sure feels like it, I mean who comes to my dorm with a bouquet of flowers and then basically drags me out of the house to take me somewhere? Besides someone who wants to take me out on a date of course." You argue, rolling your eyes.

"Then I'll ask the driver to take us back." He says as he's about to tap the driver's shoulder.

You roll your eyes, "Whatever loser."

Jake sits back properly in his seat and goes back on his phone, "This is not a date."

"Yeah yeah, whatever lover boy." You tease as you turn your head to look outside the window, "Where are we going again?" You ask.

Jake shrugs, "Just sit there and wait till we arrive, we will be there soon."

You roll your eyes and continue the rest of the ride in silence.

It didn't take long to arrive at the most beautiful area where the skies were clear and the ocean waves calmly crashed.

"Where are we?" You ask looking around as Jake grabs three thick blankets from the back of the car.

"A late-night beach...hangout?" He says in an attempt to not say the word, "date."

"I know you want to say it, it's a date." You tease as the two of you walk onto the soft sand. "I thought we weren't supposed to go to the beach late at night." You add.

"I didn't know you were a rule follower." Jake quickly says.

"I'm not, I just don't want to go to jail." You laugh as he walks further down the shore a bit closer to the water. "Can I ask you a question Jake?"

Jake hums in response.

"What are we?" You ask as he lays the thicker blanket on top of the sand.

He shrugs, "I'd like to think we're good friends."

"That's all?"

"Best friends?" He adds.

You nod, but you can't help but overthink. Do best friends really show up out of nowhere with flowers and take you out on a date? Or a hangout?

"Lay down." He says as he lays on the blanket. "Isn't the sky pretty tonight?" He asks.

You hum, "It is." You turn your body towards him, "Do you think the water is cold?"

"What?"

"I said, do you think the water is cold?" You ask again.

"Probably."

You stand up and begin to strip your layers of clothes off one-by-one, "Well it shouldn't be that cold right?"

"Y/n, It's like fucking freezing." Jake says quickly averting his eyes from your body.

"But like, not hypothermia freezing right?" You ask, beginning to walk off with only your panties on. "I've always wanted to go skinny dipping before."

"In this weather, really?" Jake asks, raising his voice a bit as you walk away further and further into the water. Jake looks back at you and sees you submerged in the water. He can't make out much since it's dark, and the only light is the moon. He can see your panties left on the dry sand, and the rest of your clothes besides him on the blanket. He shakes his head and gets up.

"It's not that cold, you should join me." You shout..

Jake takes his shirt off and his pants, leaving him in his boxers, "Do I have to strip?" He shouts back at you as he walks towards the water.

You shake your head, "Only if you want to."

"Look away!" He shouts as he begins to pull down his boxers.

He gets in the water quickly, the cold you claim to not exist quickly freezing his body. "Shit Y/n! It's cold as fuck."

You laugh, "YOLO, right?"

Jake gets closer towards you, the darkness of the ocean concealing your body parts from each other. The tension between you two is something everyone is able to see. Best friends my ass, you thought.

You move closer, your body's aching to touch. "Y/n." He says breathlessly.

Oh fuck it, right? You put your hands on the sides of his face and pull him in for a kiss.