𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒 ; five

As you get ready for bed you couldn't help but notice the sound of your phone vibrating on the bathroom counter. You pick it up and answer, "Haven't you heard of texting?" You ask, putting your phone on speaker.

"Are you dumb?" The boy on the other end of the line snaps. "I've been trying to text you for the past hour and you didn't reply so I've resorted to calling."

You look at your phone and snicker as you see 20 unread texts, "Oops, I guess."

"Okay well, I planned something for Friday and I just wanted to let you know that you should dress formally after Music Bank." Jake tells you.

"Okay." You say, quickly hanging up.

It is now the day of music bank and the two of you are backstage practicing your lines, "You guys are up in 20 minutes." Your manager says, popping into the room quickly and leaving.

"Oh, I should probably let you know I won't be here in two weeks." You say as you continue to read your lines and review them.

"So I'll be working with a filler MC?" Jake verifies as you nod. "Thank God."

You roll your eyes and eventually the two of you are called to film. It goes smoothly and there are no side-eyeing or any snarky remarks.

You return to your personal dressing room and put on the outfit you prepared last night. You look in the mirror and run your hands down your sides adjusting your clothes. You grab your bag and make your way outside and say bye to your fans, and smile at the cameras for at least 5 minutes.

You enter the vehicle, the door closing quickly behind you. This time no managers, just you and Jake and a driver who you've never seen in your life so it's safe to assume that it was Jake's driver.

"So where are we going?" You ask, putting your phone in your bag.

Jake hands you his phone, "This rooftop restaurant, I was doing my research and I saw in a video it was on your bucket list to go to some fancy rooftop restaurant with a good view of the city." Jake tells you as you look at the page with endless pictures of the place he's taking you.

"I'm surprised you consumed Y/n content, just to learn a little more about me too?." You tease handing him back his phone. "It's nice Jake, thanks for putting in the effort."

"Yeah, it was nothing." Jake says putting his phone into his pocket. "Let's just hope all goes well."

Well he said that a bit too soon.

"If it wasn't for me your group wouldn't have as many fans as they do now." Jake snaps.

"Do you think they would've asked me to MC with you if we didn't already have recognition?" You argue back, putting down your knife and fork.

"Your group continues to grow only because my face is being put next to yours." Jake says laughing.

"Not everyone idol is coming from a company that BTS is under, the only reason you've gotten so popular in the past two years is because you're leeching off the fame BTS brought to HYBE." You state with anger in your tone. "So many idols have to work their asses off to get to where they are now and the fact that you're invalidating my group and I's hard work is by far the rudest thing you've said to me."

You stand up and begin to walk away teary eyed. It's not that Jake has gotten to you (well he kinda did) but the fact he has the audacity to tell you that he's the reason you've gotten any kind of recognition made you furious.

"Wait Y/n!" You hear the boy shout from behind.

You ignore the boy and continue to walk out of the restaurant and make your way back to the lower level. You pull your phone out and call your driver to pick you up. As the van approaches, you enter. You see Jake rushing out of the elevator running towards you, "Let's talk it out Y/n." He says holding your door open.

"I really don't want to see your face right now Jake, so please let go of the door and let me go home." You say tiredly. "I'm tired of your bullshit, so just go before people start taking pictures." 

word count : 742