𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐒 ; two

The car ride lasts for what seems like a lifetime as it goes down the highway. "Where are we even going, this wasn't on my schedule." You say sighing, putting your phone between your thighs. "I'm starting to get a headache too, I haven't eaten since before the show." You continue to complain looking out the window.

"I already have a headache just sitting in this van besides you." Jake jests continuing to scroll on your phone.

You roll your eyes and turn your head towards him, "Are you sure it's me that's giving you a headache or is it the unhealthy amount of time you've spent scrolling through hate comments on Twitter?"

Jake puts his phone down, "If you opened your eyes a little wider you'd see that It's Weverse, not Twitter."

After a good 30 minutes of banter the van parks in front of a building, a big building. "Where even are we?" The two of you ask in unison, quickly side-eyeing each other.

"You guys are going to be doing an escape room, maybe you guys will learn how to help each other in one of these." Your manager says, turning his head to look at the two of you in the back. "We aren't legally allowed to lock you guys in these rooms, but If you don't work together you're getting your phones taken away until you guys air out your differences."

"There are differences to be aired out, he's just stupid and can't remember his lines." You objected.

Jake looks at you and bites back, "How am I stupid? You don't even read your cue cards and just make things up along the way."

"At least I can improvise, whenever you forget your lines you stare at your cue cards for a good five minutes and completely forget the camera's are rolling." You scoff. "And I've seen your little annotations on the cue cards Jake." You laugh, "Stop pretending you have good grammar by fixing improper sentences when you can't even write complete sentences on your cue cards."

"They're annotations for a reason y/n, they don't have to be grammatically correct." Jake argues back pulling his phone out, "Plus, you've got to be a loser if everything you say is proper."

"Yeah well, when you're putting your grammar on a pedestal then I would expect that you speak properly all the-" You begin before getting cut off by the managers.

"Enough!" The managers shout, resulting in the two of you to shut up and sigh.

"You're going to go in there and help each other solve the damn game, and if you guys can't be civilized you already know the consequences, now go."

The two of you leave the van with nothing but resentment for each other and make your way inside as the workers greet you guys, leading the two of you to the escape room. "You guys will have 90 minutes to escape this room, and you have 5 hints available. If you do not escape within the allowed time frame we have been told to either allow you guys more time if you can bear it, or if you choose to leave and not complete the game you will be punished with no electronics indefinitely. Good luck!" The worker says, quickly leaving the room after explaining the rules.

"I don't want to do this." You complain looking around the escape room. "But I also don't want to lose my phone because of you."

"How is this my fault, maybe if you were a little nicer to me this wouldn't have happened." Jake argues walking around the room looking for clues.

"I was nice to you when I met you." You tell him, pushing on a button that opened the painting on the wall. "Look, this opened."

"You really weren't nice though Y/n." Jake tells you, grabbing the envelope from the hole the painting revealed. "I know I mess up here and there, but calling me stupid is a little much don't you think?"

"I don't call you stupid just because of the cue cards." You mumble as you pull the key out of the envelope. "There's a keyhole over there."

"Then what did I do to deserve this treatment?" Jake asks, putting the key through the hole.

"For starters, when we first started MC-ing I would try to start conversations with you before the stage and you would completely ignore me. Secondly, you spilled coffee on my shirt before the stage started and didn't even apologize. Lastly, whenever the stage ends you just walk away without saying anything." You tell him as the door opens into another locked room.

"I don't have the energy to make small talk all the time." Jake says observing the room once again.

"You can't even bring yourself to apologize, pathetic." You hiss. "Get your head out of your ass Jake, you're the problem here, not me."

word count : 820