"Alright then. If Keishi and Keita are ready to take their first flying lesson tomorrow," Hawks started. "You two should sleep early tonight."

You shook your head while chuckling before taking a bite of the cake. At least the cake tastes good, which made you forget all the trouble you had when picking it up at the pastry shop.

After dinner, the twins played around with Hawks for a while until they started to get actually sleepy. Even though they just took a nap earlier. You thought it might have been the sweets that made them sleepy or because Hawks purposely tired them out with all the running around the living room. Watching them also made you a bit exhausted that you were ready to retire for the evening when Hawks called you to come with him.

You two headed to the balcony where there's a table with two glasses of wine.

"What's this about?" you asked, looking at Hawks who took the glasses of wine and handed one to you.

"You asked why the twins thanked you earlier," he started and you two walked to the table where you sat down, taking a sip of the velvety wine as Hawks walked behind you. "Today's their birthday, but the person who should be thanked for is the person who gave birth to them on this day, six years ago."

You felt the sincerity of his voice which made your heart do something odd. But you realized it wasn't that odd after all. Your heart skipped a beat, your face started to get warm. It wasn't from the liquor, but from seeing Hawks holding a box in front of you.

He placed it on the table in front of you and you opened the lid. What greeted you is a necklace, but it was just a simple necklace or an extravagant one. It was unique on its own that you couldn't take your eyes away from the glass pendant.

"Are those..." you muttered, looking closer at the circle glass.

"My feather," Hawks said, taking the glass pendant from the box. The feather was small, it perfectly fits inside the glass, it was modified from Hawks' feather so it would be smaller but still possesses the same ability as his other feathers.

Hawks walked behind you, you gathered your hair and held it up as he finished putting the necklace around your neck. You looked down and touched the glass pendant which held a piece of him.

"I want you to wear that wherever you go," he said. "So I know where you are, if you're in danger, so I can come to your side as fast as I can."

So you would carry a part of him anywhere.

"I would come to you, even when I'm in the middle of fighting a villain or saving the City from ruins."

"You're saying that," you started, standing up in front of him. "As if you're not a Pro Hero. You're a Pro Hero long before you met me. Long before you became a father."

Hawks took your hands and held them close to him as he took a step closer.

"There are a lot of Pro Heroes that people can rely on nowadays. Some are even stronger than me. But you," Hawks said, pulling you closer. "You only have one husband. Me."

You felt his arm around your waist, his other hand put your hands on his shoulders and you looked at him.

"Y/n, close your eyes."

You didn't ask him why, you just did. You closed your eyes and heard the sound of his vermilion wings spreading out and then he took a leap. He held you closer as you felt the wind around you. Hawks flew up and your eyes remained close until you heard his voice telling you that you can open your eyes now.

You didn't look around or below. Your eyes just focused on Hawks who looked at you.

"Thank you for giving birth to my children."

"Shouldn't you also be thanked for?" you said, putting your hand on his cheek. "You're their dad."

You leaned closer, until his lips were inches away from yours. And then Hawks closed the gap between you two.

The kiss was enough to make you forget that you are hundreds of feet from the ground. His soft lips that taste sweet mixed with the velvety taste of wine which made you kiss him even more. It was the most enticing kiss you had that you wanted it to last for a lifetime. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃