Chapter 23

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The twins woke up feeling extremely happy. Hawks promised to teach them how to fly on their sixth birthday and today is their sixth birthday. But during breakfast, as the twins sat in their chairs, they noticed you weren't around.

It was Keita who noticed it first.

"Papa, where's mama?" he asked and his older brother, Keishi, glanced up and realized that you weren't around.

"Mama's still in bed," Hawks said, putting the plates of breakfast in front of the twins. "Go and have your breakfasts."

While Keishi started to eat, Keita watched his dad walk towards the cupboard and took something before taking a mug.

"Papa, is mama not feeling well?" Keita asked as Hawks poured warm water in the teapot along with tea leaves.

"A bit," Hawks answered. "She'll be fine soon."

Hawks looked at the twins and gave Keita a reassuring smile before walking up to the two and sitting in front of a chair.

"But we may have to postpone the flying lesson today."

"It's alright!" Keishi said, gulping down the food in his mouth. "We'll wait until mama gets better so she can watch us fly!"

Keita nodded firmly as he looked at Keishi before looking back at Hawks. "We want mama to see us fly for the first time."

Hawks pat the twin's head before standing up. As they finished their breakfast, they ran along and played in the living room while Hawks headed upstairs and to his room where he saw you sleeping. He didn't want to wake you up but before he could turn around to leave, you stirred from your sleep.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?"

"No," you muttered, standing up as Hawks walked up to the bed and placed the tray on the side. "What about the twins?"

"I told them you aren't feeling well," he said, pouring tea in the mug and handing it to you. "They want you to watch their first flight so they said they'll wait until their mama gets better."

"Honestly, who did those twins take after?" you asked, chuckling a bit. "They're so adorable it's hard to believe they take after you."

You took a sip of the tea which surprisingly isn't that bad considering that you don't like tea that much before lowering the mug down and seeing Hawks' smile.

"What?" you asked.

"Nothing," he said, still smiling. "I'm just happy I guess."

You glanced down, your palm felt warm as you rubbed your thumb on the mug. You wonder if he used to make you this kind of tea before as well. It tasted oddly familiar.

"You know, earlier," you started, still glancing down. "When you said you gave me that feather and told me to hold on to it until you return."

You looked up at Hawks, right into his eyes. "I heard your voice in my head saying the exact same thing."

"Y/n," Hawks started, sitting on the edge of the bed and you felt his hand on the side of your face, brushing the strands of hair behind your ear. "You don't have to force yourself to remember."