Chapter 28

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Ever since the twins learned how to fly they have been flapping their little wings around the house. Before, they used to chase each other around while running during playtime. Now they would chase each other by flying around and it often resulted in furniture and objects falling off their places.

"Alright, you two!" you said in a loud voice that made the twins abruptly stop chasing each other in midair. You don't often raise your voice so it was a surprise for the twins to hear you speak like that.

"Come down here."

The twins looked at each other before slowly descending while you stayed where you were standing. You've been cleaning after their mess for days now, all the fallen objects that were scattered around the living room. It feels like you were raising two kittens at this point, two very naughty and zestful kittens who would knock over every single thing placed neatly.

When the twins finally flew down, they folded their little wings and they were looking down, fiddling with their little fingers. By the looks of it they knew they did something wrong. You were silent for a few seconds, just looking at the twins, your arms folded over your chest.

"Alright," you finally said. "Starting today, we need to impose rules. House rules."

"House..." Keishi started, looking up at you.

"Rules?" Keita finished as he too finally looked at you.

"Yes," you said, unfolding your arms. "Because you two seem to be misbehaving, unruly and defiant kids who need to know a few rules."

"Let the kids have fun," Hawks said as he passed by casually while eating a bucket of karaage.

When he sat down on the couch, and before he could get comfortable sitting down, he noticed that you were glaring at him. Hawks almost choked with his chicken as he straightened up.

"I mean," he said while coughing, clearing his airways as he put the food on the coffee table. "Kids, listen to your mother."

You stared at him for a few seconds before averting your eyes back at the twins who quickly looked back at you again.

"As I was saying," you started. "We need house rules. It's alright to have fun, you're still kids. But too much fun can lead to undesirable consequences and sometimes even accidents."

You couldn't see it, but for some reason you get the feeling that Hawks was nodding his head with his eyes closed as he listened to what you're saying because the twins kept looking at him.

"Rule number one, no flying near furniture and fragile objects."

The twins looked back at you, their eyes wide and seemed to be memorizing your rules.

"Rule number two, don't knock over furniture." Not only was it tiring to place back the furniture they knocked over, but it was also somewhat frustrating to always be putting them back almost every hour.

"Rule number three, don't fly around too fast while chasing each other." Since learning how to control their movements and maneuver a little more accurately, the twins are starting to get faster and faster when flying around. In time, they might match Hawks' speed.