Chapter 21

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You were having a really nice dream. They say when people dream it means they are sleeping so deep. But then you started to hear mumbling sounds not too far. You couldn't make out the words but you can hear voices, familiar ones, talking as you slowly moved, your eyebrows twitching.

"Hush, Shi-chan," Keita whispered, putting his small finger on his lips. "Don't wake mama."

"Mama's still asleep," Keishi muttered. "Is she having a good sleep? Maybe mama's dreaming."

"Do you think she's dreaming about us?"

"And papa?"

The twins looked at each other before they both shrugged their shoulders and then looked back at you to see that you're stirring from your sleep.

Slowly, you blinked your eyes open, rubbing them as your vision cleared and you saw sitting in front of you on each side, are the twins looking back at you before they both grinned.

"Good morning, mama!" they both said in unison before leaning down to shower your face with kisses.

You could hardly do anything as they continued until they leaned back. You looked at them before you felt the side of your lips turning up in a smile. It wasn't often you wake up feeling happy, in fact for as long as you remember, you've never woken up feeling lighthearted until you came here.

"Good morning," you greeted back before you turned your head to look to the side but you furrowed your eyebrows when you didn't see Hawks.

"Papa is already up," Keita said.

"Papa might be done making breakfast," Keishi said.

The twins climbed down the bed while you sat up before climbing down as well. Once you were outside the bedroom, the twins took both your hands and you three headed downstairs and to the kitchen where you found Hawks putting the pancakes he made.

"Papa, we're here!" Keishi announced.

As the twins settled on their chairs, Hawks walked up to you.

"Were you having a good dream earlier?" he asked.

"Why?" you asked back, but not in a harsh way, a hint of playfulness in your tone as you raise your eyebrow at him.

"You looked like you were having one, that's why I didn't wake you up earlier."

"I was," you said.

"And? Was I in your dream?"

You didn't answer for a few seconds before you pat his shoulder. "I'll make sure to tell you next time if you were." You walked past Hawks and joined the twins at the table.

Hawks came not long afterwards and the four of you ate breakfast with occasional conversation here and there. After breakfast, you settled in the living room where the twins were playing on their own while you and Hawks sat down on the couch.

"You don't need to go do your Pro Hero duties today?" you asked, turning to him.

"Nope," Hawks answered, leaning back on the couch comfortably, putting his arm on the headrest behind you. "I asked for a few days...weeks off from duty."