Chapter 24

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Fortunately enough your headache subsided around lunch and that afternoon it had completely vanished. Which made the twins happier when they saw you out of the room.

"Mama!" they said in unison, running up to you before engulfing you in a hug, their arms wrapped around your waist while you stopped and stood there. You looked down as they brushed their foreheads on your stomach before leaning their heads back to look at you and you held their cheeks.

"Happy birthday again."

They grinned before letting go of you and running along while you walked to the kitchen where you found Hawks.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh I was trying to make the twins a cake," he said, looking at his phone before averting his gaze and looking at you. He put his phone down and walked up to you. "Are you really feeling well?"

He stopped in front of you and put his hands on the counter, caging you between him and the island. He leaned close, his forehead almost touching yours.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you," you looked at him. "I pre-ordered the twins' birthday cake a few days ago. There's no need to make one."

You lifted your hand to his face and patted his cheek before taking his arm and putting it to his side so you could walk past him.

"You did?" he asked, turning around.

"It slipped my mind. The pastry shop sent me a message." You poured cold water in your glass before downing it, soothing your throat. "I'll go pick it up."

"I'll go," he said. "You just had a headache."

"I'm fine," you insisted. "Besides, I bet if you go out you'd be swarmed by people trying to get your autograph."

"Alright," he said but almost dejectedly. "Be careful though."

"Am I really the one who got her memories altered?" you turned around to face him, a playful smirk on your lips as you took a step forward, closing the gap between you two. "Have you forgotten who I was before I gave birth to your twins?"

You felt his hand snaked around your waist before pulling you forward gently, the side of his lips turning up in a mischievous smirk as well.

"Is this really the time to remind me?" he asked, leaning closer. "Vixen,"

You held his hand that's around your waist before putting it to his side and taking a step back.

"What I'm trying to say is that I'll be fine going outside on my own. And it's a pastry shop, it's not like bad people hang around there." You stopped before you could head to the living room and you turned around to face Hawks.

"And keep the twins entertained while I sneak it in the kitchen."

"Sneak what in the kitchen, mama?" Keita suddenly asked, which almost made you flinch in surprise as you turned around.

"What?" you asked before shaking your head. "It's nothing, Keita. Where's your brother?"

"Shi-chan went to our room. He said he wants to change his clothes."