Chapter 17: Filler Crap

Start from the beginning

Resources are something the UNSA has in abundance as well. The UNSA alone spends trillions of credits on new scientific projects each year. There are whole worlds and orbital space habitats filled to the brim with scientific labs dedicated to bringing advances to the Montoken region (whether it's to develop new weapons, new ways to build ships faster, growing food more efficiently, advancements in computer technology). The fact that the UNSA can dedicate dozens of worlds to scientific research alone would negate any advances the Council could make. Even their science vessels are more advance than STG ships, one of the UNSA's Hawking class science vessels can literally unearth entire planets.

Since the UNSA has a wider population diversity, it can call upon individuals with different ideas and solutions. While the UNSA used to be a Human only nation, new research is now credited to Valilgar, Vissari, Aquarians, Bothurians, and so more. The UNSA is simply not restricted to just Human ideas anymore.

We should also mention the reports of Artificial Intelligences in the UNSA space. AIs would give the UNSA an unparalleled advantage in terms of computing technologies. And with the Geth on their side, our position is made much worse.

Threat level: Black

Subsection...United Nations Allied Force

The United Nations Allied Force is the clearest symbol of the UNSA. The UNAF holds many responsibilities, ranging from aiding in colonial development, search and rescue, relief operations, scientific advance not under private authority, communications, and so on. However the chief responsibility the UNAF has is being the military force for the UNSA. The UNAF are the defenders of the UNSA from external and internal threats.

Officially, the UNAF is an international command to unify the many national militaries under the UNSA. Unofficially, it is the sole military branch of the UNSA, with all nation armies brought under its control. Despite this, soldiers and service people still proudly wear their national flags on their uniforms alongside the flags of the UNSA.

The UNAF military forces is split into four major branches: The United Nations Planetary Force, the United Nations Space Force, the United Nations Intelligence Services, and the United Nations Special Operations Command. Honorary mention goes to the United Nations Marine Corps, which while operating on its own, is officially under the United Nations Space Navy.

The United Nations Planetary force is the largest of the four branches and is responsible for security of the UNSA worlds, colonial development, and defence. The biggest sub-branch is the United Nations Army and United Nations Army Aerospace Force. The former is a highly mechanised force, able to respond quickly to a given situation. As seen by the 2309th strike on Terminus pirates during a retaliatory strike when said Terminus pirates attempted to attack the Quarians. UNPF gear outmatches anything the Citadel Council operates, as their weapons and vehicles are gears to one thing: War. The latter operates highly advance fighter craft and large strike bombers to devasting effects.

The UNPF, strangely enough, operates a if it isn't broken, don't fix it policy. One of their primary armour vehicles, the tank, dates back to the First Terran World War and is still in use to this day despite the growing advent of mechs and power armour. The Warthog class of attack craft, something all Citadel ground forces have come to fear, had its first iterations come about nearly a thousand years ago. And despite the growing number of energy weapons, the UNPF still holds onto their kinetic weapons instead of energy based ones.

The United Nations Space Force, by contrast, operates the UNAF's vast fleet of highly advance ships, which eclipse the Quarians, the Turians, and Asari fleet combined. The biggest branch of the UNSF is the United Nations Space navy, it's main fighting force. It's incharge of most spaceborne operations outside of a planet's atmosphere. The military ships of the United Nations Space Force have similar roles to our ships. However there are a number of ship types that our navies have no vessel of similar capabilities.