Chapter 5:Debrief and reinforcements

VSS Comtumica (Titan class vessel)

January 10th, 2966 UNC/2173 CE

After the discovery of the Batarian and Raloi races, the Commonwealth decided to temporarily merge the 4th and 5th Expeditionary Fleets. The Sojag Confederacy forces diced to stay behind and defend what colonies were established, leaving just the UNSA, VPD, and FFN forces to contend with a potential new first contact.

"To recap, using a Human term, we may have just started a war with another race and there's another organization like the Commonwealth that we will be making first contact with. As such, we are not only getting three fleets as reinforcements, but also an entire assault army." Vorpona said.

"Yup. Blame Federation traditions and Beacon of Liberty Civics. Not that I don't approve." Victor Ross said.

"Wait, then who's supreme commander then?" Vortale asked. "It's one thing for me, a 36 year old, to command an exploration fleet. It's another thing for me to command not only 30,000 warships, but also two of the heroes of the United Nations."

"Well.....that's a good point. Martdone just dumped these ships in our hands. I think we're supposed to figure it out ourselves." Victor shrugged. "I think because the 5th expeditionary fleet is officially dissolved and the Federation assets are under our group, you are technically in command.

Vorpona sighed. "Well, I can't manage 3 numbered fleets at once. What about you? You were supreme commander on several occasions for the Commonwealth."

"Admiral, I'll be straight with you: I'm a shit admiral. I'm a ground pounder and a combat controller. I can command armies and air forces, not maritime or space fleets. It's Limburn's job to handle the navy stuff. Tell me to lead maybe a small squadron and I can do it. Three numbered fleets, I'll suffer poorly."

"Well.....your rank is Field Marshal and you are constantly loaned to the UNPF, that makes sense. What about Admiral Zortale? We can't make Limburn because she's still busy with the Raloi."

"Dear god no. I love Zortale as a close friend and brother but we'll be at war with this Citadel Council in five minutes. I think Limburn and I should deal with council, you deal with the Raloi. Zortale remains our mobile reserve and an extra set of teeth." Ross replied.

"I would be a bit rude to pull Limburn off from diplomatic talks. Is there another UNAF officer we can requisition?" Vorpona asked.

"Do we really need a UNAF officer there? We already have a UNSA ambassador heading the negotiations." Ross countered.

"...Fair point but if we run into the Council, who would make contact?"

"Either myself, Limburn, or I can go back to Sol and get Udina."

"Nope, not Udina. He's just as bad as Zortale." Vorpona panicked.

"He's not that bad. Either way, Limburn and I will head negotiations. At least until we're done with the Raloi." Field Marshal retorted.

Vorpona nodded. "Very well. Once the rest of the 10th fleet arrives, you and Limburn will prepare to make first contact with the Council. You're planning to return all those slaves you liberated right?" Vorpona questioned before adding "I mean to their respective species and not back to the Batarian government."

"We're already working that out. I was actually about to have Commodore Mikhailovich of the UNSV Mark-Whitelight to find the Quarian fleet. Would have sent Hannah but she's still in Raloi space. Mikhailovich will do until Hannah and Limburn return." Ross replied.

"Mikhailovich? Why does that name sound familiar?"

"Commodore Peter Mikhailovich is one of the many people within the UNAF that is pushing for a replacement of the Skuas Cloaking Devices. The SCDs are obsolete due to some idiot in the G.A leaking the plans and everyone developing countermeasures. The Raider forces were somewhat useless with the new countermeasures and people were pushing for a modernization. Aside from that, he commands a squadron of corvettes and destroyers used for lighting raids." Ross explained. "Also, the UNSF is looking at him for a promotion. He did well during the Khanate War."