Chapter 7: Baptism through fire

Bridge/CIC QFS Alerai

February 2nd, 2966 UNC/2173 CE

The moment Victor and his team were warped aboard the Alerai, he noticed things were not going very smoothly for the Quarians.

[neural link] 7 tangos, all Batarians. 13 surviving Quarian bridge crew. One admiral, ID to be Rael Zorah Vas Alerai. Watch your fire, Batarian raiders are to be neutralized. Keep the Qaurians safe.

Victor whipped out his M17 and fired a single round into a Batarian raider, who had his rifle aimed at Admiral Zorah. The round went straight through the Batarian's kinetic barriers and into its head. The raider just stopped, before it slumped down to the side, a single bullet hole facing Victor.

For a brief second, everyone in the bridge, Batarian and Quarian, just stared at the newcomers. Previous thoughts and desperate actions of defence abruptly halted just to figure out who just fired.

And then all hell broke loose and the rangers emptied their weapons onto the Batarian raiders. Bullets and Gamma beams criss-cross the room before the Raiders could get a shot off.

6 more Batarians fall to the ground, dead.

And at that moment, a single mass accelerator shot ricochets off Victor's shields. The Field Marshal turns to see a terrified Quarian ensign holding a pistol aimed at him.

Oh right, we just teleported into a hot combat zone. Of course, they're gonna be terrified and running high on adrenaline. Wait, do Quarians naturally produce adrenaline? Victor activates his suit's translator and begins speaking in Keelish. "Friendly! Friendly! Don't shoot! We're here to help."

"Ancestors. Who...who are you?" one of the Quarians asked. Victor notes that this particular Quarian had a rifle, most likely a new marine.

"I am Field Marshal Victor Ross of the United Nations Allied Force. Our fleet just happened across your current engagement with the Batarians. We are offering assistance."

The Quarians just stare at the Humans, who begin looking at each other nervously. Ross sighs, now partially regretting just teleporting over.

"We were the ones who burned Logashire and wished to join in the crusade against the Batarian Hegemony." Ross said, trying to convince the Quarian bridge crew that they were here to help."

The Quarians just looked at each other before one of them stood up. "I am Admiral Rael Zorah Vas Alerai and I thank you for your assistance Field Marshal. Most species don't care about us Quarians."

"My people are a charitable group. We will help all in need. Now let's retake your ship." Ross replies.

Wonder how Mikhailovich is doing. Victor thought.

UNSV India

"4 enemy heavy frigate class ships approaching from bearing 058. Armed with Eezo based torpedoes and light mass drivers!" a sensor operator called out. "Approaching at high speeds!"

"Order our fighter screen to take them out. Reroute the Dimitri and Williams to support the attack." Mikhailovich calmly orders.

"New contacts! 2 enemy light cruisers, dreadnaughts. Looks to be former Salarian and Turian ships, obsolete but still deadly." another sensor operator reported. "Also accompanying battlegroups, 20 frigate

"Prime Kinetic Artillery and open fire at well. Have the UNSV Kamloops and Kharkiv move to engage with missile strikes." The rear Admiral barked out.

That was when a mass accelerator round from one of the dreadnaughts impacted against the India's shields. "Shields holding Rear Admiral," Krutoy reported.