Chapter 15: Paint and power armour

UNSV Taipei, February 12th, 2966

approaching the Geth border

Admiral Limburn groaned as she rubbed her forehead. During her time with the Quarians, she learned many things.

1. She did not have to pay for the education of 5.8 trillion Geth programs. The Elder Alliance was going to deal with that. That said, she heard Joan had become somewhat of a mother figure to them. And Joan was trying to adopt them all. So she would have become a relative by law.

2. The Citadel Council was throwing another hissy fit over what was the adoption of the Krogan, Quarians, and Geth by the Commonwealth. Fair enough.

3. Quarians get very tipsy quickly, and Limburn and the Quarian Admirals got drunk after a few cups of wine (Ross was the more hardcore drinker of the two).

The end result: Limburn was tired, she was partially hungover, and now she had to deal with this upcoming meeting with the Geth and Quarians as an observer. The same two species that tried to kill each other for centuries.

On the flip side, she finally learned how the Geth-Quarian war started, or the Morning War as the Geth started. As it turned out, the Geth achieved sentience, asked if it had a soul, the old Quarian government freaking out, minor civil war, the Geth rebeling, and that was history.

Limburn came to the conclusion that both it was the Citadel Council's fault for it's strict regulations on AIs and overreaction to the situation. Also for banning the Quarians from settling a new planet. That was just....wrong in so many parts.

But now, it was time to make peace between the two. Would be easy if Han'Gerrel and Rael (to some extent) hadn't gone into a full on panic attack so more alcohol.

And right now, the UNSV Taipei, along with the rest of the tenth fleet (discounting the forces sent to Tuchanka) and the entirety of the Quarian Migrant fleet, was heading towards the Perseus Veil. To make peace with two species that hated each other. Fun.

I hope VIc is having more fun than I am. Limburn thought as she rubbed her forehead.

Meanwhile in orbit of Tuchanka.

UNSV Wasp

"I'm starting to believe that the navy has an easier job." Victor grumbled as he looked over the datatable. He was currently hungover, tired, and extremely frustrated.

He was hungover as it turned out Ryncol was very....strong and he, the Krogans, and some of his troops decided to get blasted drunk in celebrating the Krogan-Solarian Alliance (that and the whole Geth adoption thing). So a lot of ryncol was consumed.

He was tired because he had to deal with a ton of computer work to make sure none of his troops got in trouble (no paper work, thank Zarqlan. That would have been very wasteful to use paper).

And he was frustrated because the C.C (citadel Council) finally got the balls to send a fleet in to stop whatever was happening on Tuchanka. It was a joint fleet of Asari and Salarian ships. 300 vessels in total. A few dreadnaughts sprinkled into the mix.

Dreadnaughts. The name was so inadequate Victor would have laughed. He would have bet that U.S Admiral Paparo would be displeased.

As much as Victor wanted to shoot the Council for the attempted Genocide of the Quarians and Krogans, HighCom wasn't as interested in a war so he had to play nice.

So currently, he was in a yelling match with the Asari admiral in charge.

"Lady, I'm not sure if you have some short term memory loss or you're just stupid. The Krogan Home System is under the protection of the United Nations Solar Alliance." Victor said.