Prom?

It's our last year of high school, to be specific, it's our last semester and after that we have prom and graduation.

I'm Yeosang and I'm 17 years old, I'll be 18 on the 15th June, just the same day were we have the prom dance for our school.

Many people in my class already have a partner to go with even though we are 2 weeks away from the party. Even my best friend Jongho has a partner, he's going with a guy that's in 1A, named Hongjoong. These two have been suspiciously close to each other this year and I think soon they'll be together unless they already are and Jongho hasn't told me.

For me, I want to ask a guy in my class to go to prom too, his name is Seonghwa, one of the popular students of the school. He is the top student for his beauty and his kindness. People have rumored that he has a girlfriend or boyfriend, but Seonghwa denied it all. We at least know he is bi, so there's a chance for anyone.

"And that's how I'm now going to prom with him, you heard me yeo?" Wooyoung, my other friend and classmate asks kinda knowing that I haven't heard a word he said.

"Cmon, your food is already cold, go and just ask him to go to prom with you. Cuz staring at him like that from afar will not do anything" I sigh and turn to my dearest friend. "Woo~ I don't have a chance with him, look how that girl is going to his table, bet she's gonna confess" I tell him as we both look how a beautiful girl goes to sit next to Seonghwa and his group of friends. They chat for like a minute and then the girl stands and leaves with a sad pout on her face.

"Yep, she got rejected. Maybe, because he's waiting for you to go ask him"

I stand up, take my plate with my food leftovers to throw them away and just walk out of that place, Wooyoung walking behind.

While getting out of the cafeteria, a curious pair of eyes try to see where the young cute guy with the birthmark on his left eye went, but didn't see him.

- "Looking at that guy again?"

- "Huh? Ah, He's cute, isn't your boyfriend his friend too?" The taller asked to the first guy who was now a blushing mess.

- "He's not my boyfriend....yet. But yeah, I mean. Why don't we ask them to sit with us next time?"  Said San.

- "I'll ask the cutie on our next class and tell me when that guy that asked you out to prom will also ask you out. San, my friend, I thought you would be the top in a relationship" The taller snorted getting in return a light punch on his shoulder.

The bell rang and everyone went to their perspective classes. Yeosang had Biology with Mrs Kim and Wooyoung and Jongho had Physics with Mr Hwang.

I walked with Woo and Jongho to their class and then continued to mine. There I found a seat next to a window by the 3rd row. Normally the class isn't full so no one sits next to me unless we have projects to do, but to my surprise, someone decided to take that place, and it wasn't anyone, it was the Park Seonghwa.

"Hey, Yeosang right? Is it okay if I sit with you today?" The taller asks placing his bag on the side of the table.

" N- I mean yeah sure. Of course, you can take the seat." This was not how I expected to take a further step to talk to him but it's a good opportunity I guess.

"Thanks, by the way, I love your outfit today, that hoodie fits you well" He said with a smile and I swear I saw a little blush on his cheeks, not like I was blushing like a tomato but that's not important.

For the rest of the class, we spent talking a bit, knowing things about each other, and passing notes. The bell then rang for our next class and since we had it together I asked him to walk there with him which he agreed.

For the next week, we spent many classes together, even Jongho and Wooyoung noticed how the younger was happier and getting comfortable around the Seonghwa.

Today is Wednesday and in 2 days we have the prom party. I still don't have a partner but I decided to finally ask Seonghwa. One side of my heart, tells me it will go well and the other side isn't sure but, I'm not holding back.

The bell rang for lunch and I made my way to the cafeteria to meet my friends, they're in a table, Wooyoung with his now-boyfriend San, which he asked out yesterday I think. Then there was Jongho and Hongjoong, listening to something through Hongjoongs computer and Seonghwa who was saving a seat for me.

Before I could sit, a guy from another class came straight to sit next to Seonghwa.

"I'm sorry but Seonghwa, I am a great fan of yours, my name is Sunoo and from the name of your fanbase, people would like to know why did you reject every single person that asked you for prom?" The guy named sunoo was holding his phone like a mic and his friend was filming next to him.

"With respect, I will tell you why, but first could you stand aside, you're taking my friends seat," He mentions, making a sign for me to sit with him so Sunoo apologized.

"Now, for your question. Yes, I've been rejecting everyone's request, I know y'all will find the perfect partner to go with in prom, but I have someone in mind to ask, that's why I'm still without a partner."

"Oh, we see, we see, we are great full for your honesty, Seonghwa, so we may leave now." While the two were walking away, we heard the guy saying who that person could be since more than half of the school asked Seonghwa for prom.

"How was class?" Hwa now asked, making me look into reality again. "Ah yeah, it was good, Mr Eun gave us an essay for tomorrow. We can't even rest the last day." I sighed, then feeling a pat on my head. Seonghwas hand was there. "Don't worry, I can help you so then if you want we go eat somewhere."

"Yeah, sure." Like that, when class finished, we went to the library to finish my essay and later to a café to eat a dessert.

"So -" We both talked at the same time, a bit embarrassed. "You talk first, I insist," I said.

"Well, okay. So, you know on Friday is prom and so... uhm. Let me get this straight.." He said, looking right at me. "Would you like to go to prom with me?"

I swear I could feel my heart about to go out. He asked, HE ASKED ME-
"I'D LOVE TO- I mean yes! Oh my God, I'm embarrassed, but I feel so happy!" My hands were shaking when I felt his hands holding mine.

"I'm so happy too! Thank you for accepting Yeo. " His smile was melting my little heart.

-----------
Hii, thank you for the 500 reads! I can't believe I got so many >_<