Twenty-Two

Jin's eyes filled up with tears again, and when Taehyung moved his fingers forward to brush them away, he distanced himself from him.

As he attempted to get himself together, he wiped away his tears, took a deep breath, and focused on pulling himself together. He knew he had no reason to cry, as none of it was important.

"I am fully aware that I am not enough for you, and I have never once attempted to persuade myself otherwise. It is only because of the circumstances with Jimin and your parents that you are here with me. Even if I were to try to persuade myself differently, I have seen enough to be aware of the truth of the situation. I simply wish, for the benefit of our kids, that these things weren't being discussed in the media."

Jin had his eyes cast downward as he spoke; he had a lot going through his head, but none of it was important enough to share. Also, in his mind, he did not have any other options. In addition to the fact that he was expecting, he already had two other small children who needed his care. It was important for him to concentrate on them above all else.

"I don't want you to suggest that you are enough for me in any way. Even though I would have chosen someone else for myself, I can't say I would have picked you. I have readjusted and can accept you.

It was difficult for me at the beginning of this marriage when we were first together. My normal routine was quickly thrown off by the news that we were getting married. I had to overcome several difficult obstacles, Seokjin. After that, I had to consider Jimin in addition to you. Then it became you, Jimin, and Jungkook. Even though I expressed my opinion that I did not wish to have another child-

"Taehyung, how can you say that with Jungkook? You said you wanted Jimin to have a sibling. I didn't intentionally try to get pregnant, so please don't say things like that." Jin was shocked.

"Yes, I did say that, and I also value Jungkook. He is my son. However, I was not prepared for how rapidly everything happened. You offer me no attention. You are very self-absorbed and care solely about yourself and the children. I required a release, but I couldn't get it from you. I don't believe you realize that many people are eager to offer me what you aren't, and if they are doing it, I couldn't deny myself of it." Taehyung stopped as he observed Jin's reaction to his words, but Jin did not give a response or react.

It annoyed him, so he continued, "given how much I care about you and want to work with you to develop a strong marriage, I have decided to put a stop to many things. When I told you I would devote myself to our marriage, I said it with all seriousness, and I have been doing that since then. Nothing came of the meeting with me and that guy in Busan. I would have been very forthright about it if I had slept with him there. There is no reason for me to lie to you.

I can give you my word that something like what happened in the media won't happen again. Right now, I am present with you. I am completely devoted to the success of our marriage. None of those people or any of those other things matter to me. I am aware that even though you aren't my ideal partner and wouldn't have been the man I would have chosen for myself, I do love and care for you, and I am sure that you love me as well but haven't stated it because you are unsure of whether or not I will say the same thing to you. "

Jin couldn't process any of what Taehyung had said as his mind was still on what had been said about Jungkook, so he had to ask, "can you please tell me, with my current pregnancy, how do you feel about it?"

"I have accepted it. I didn't realize you weren't using birth control after Jungkook, but even so, when we found out you were pregnant, I assumed we were expecting a girl, so that excited me. However, having three boys is not ideal, but it will keep you busy and expand our family, so you shouldn't feel too bad about it, as I have accepted Jungkook and have learned to accept Jimin. I will accept them, too; at least I know I am their father. I won't ever deny a child I know is rightfully mine."