Two

Jung-Nan was shocked by her son, "Seokjin-"

"I appreciate your answer, Seokjin. Now that I have your approval, I shall go. After discussing this topic further with my son and our legal counsel, I will contact you to formalize this. You are more than welcome, Jung-Nan, to join your son in the conversation, as I am certain that, as a parent, you would want to provide your support where it is required. I shall now go; thank you for your hospitality." Jae-Duk remarked, then rose, smiled, and exited the living room.

"Chairman Kim, please wait," Jung-Nan said as she raced after him.

While trying to make sense of what he had consented to, Seokjin stood in the living room and started chewing on his lip. After overhearing the discussion that was taking place between the Chairman and his mother, he felt that he could not stand by and let his mother lose her job. In addition, the Chairman had promised a significant amount of money. If his mother had that amount of money, she would never have to work again in her whole life.

Also, he had seen the Chairman's son quite a few times, once or twice in passing when he accompanied his mother to work, and most of the time in news articles. He was very handsome and not very old, so Seokjin didn't find it creepy. However, the prospect of parental responsibilities filled him with anxiety, and he had serious second thoughts about interjecting himself into their conversation.

He had seen the disapproval in his mother's eyes just before she left the room, and he knew that it meant he was going to be yelled at by her.

Moments later, when she returned to the room and looked at him, he looked away immediately, knowing he was in trouble, but when he felt his mother's arms around him, he was shocked.

"Seokjinah, are you sure you want to do this?"

Seokjin was confused, "mom, you are not mad at me?"

He overheard his mother sigh as she moved away from him and said, "no, of course not. I have known this family for a very long time, and I am certain that if we were to refuse his request, the Chairman would not take it lying down. It was important to me that I was not the one to make this choice for you. However, it pains my heart to think that this is how you will get married. I informed the Chairman that we would want to retain an attorney for ourselves so they may review any documents he is giving you. Due to the sensitive nature of this, he promised that he would find you a person who could be trusted on.

I also advised him that you should get the funds he is giving. Your life is being interfered with, not mine."

Seokjin was at a loss for words since he had anticipated being screamed at, and his mind was stuck playing back to the previous encounter. He wished he could suddenly take back what he had just said. The more he thought about what was being asked of him, the more he became aware of what he had already consented to.

He muttered to himself, "I am going to be a parent?"

****

Taehyung chuckled, "Okay, April's Fools is over. What the fuck is this?"

"Language!" Jae-Duk slammed his hand onto the table as he gave his son a hard stare. "This is how you will fix the fuck up you have made."

"You can say fuck, but I can't? Great lesson, dad. Always been a good teacher. I am not getting married and don't want that kid. I already told mom he could be shipped off to wherever he came from. Not my issue, not my problem."

"Kim Taehyung, there is absolutely no room for debate on this topic. I have already put in a lot of effort to find you the greatest person capable of making this story work, and you will have to cooperate with me. If you decide not to, we will have a different conversation, and the person who will be sent away from this place and deprived of their inheritance will not be that baby."