11 - Nasty smell.

"I... I'm sorry, I just meant to..." Yeji slowly pulled away from Ryujin looking at her own hands that were now intertwined playing with her fingers.

"No worries... And thank you..." Yeji looked up at Ryujin and Ryujin, just like her was teary eyed, her grandmother had died and now their hearts were broken.

"Ryujin... I-"

Seulgi rushed to her daughter's side. Seeing this, the short-haired girl just gave Yeji a small smile and left.

"Yeji... What do you think you're doing?" Seulgi asked her daughter, who was still staring at Ryujin and how she disappeared into the streets.

"Mom... It was her grandmother, it was... It was someone important to her, as it was to me, I just wanted-"

"I don't care what you want.... That hug meant something else and don't try to hide it, I see it in your eyes..."

Yeji looked back to where Ryujin had disappeared, but her mother grabbed her chin and made her look at her again.

"Don't even think that you're going to think about telling her that the baby you're expecting is hers.... You'll never do anything like that..." Seulgi grabbed her by the arm and tried to pull her back inside, but Yeji pulled out of her grip quickly.

"Why?! Why don't you want her to know?! What's the damn problem, mom?" Yeji exclaimed and Seulgi looked all around before approaching her daughter and grabbing her by the arm again with more force this time.

"Because I'm not going to let my grandson or granddaughter grow up with two mothers! It's... It's not a normal thing, Ryujin is not someone normal.... What do you think people will think when they find out? It will be a scandal for my family and you will end up being the most affected..." Yeji gave her a frowning look this time.

"Are you... Are you listening to yourself? What century are you living in? Liking a woman is nothing wrong or strange, for God's sake, Mom!"

"You don't like women.... That was just a slip, now let's go inside and calm down.... We have to support the Shins, now and then.... Then we'll fix this absurd idea that they have to you to live with Ryujin... But be very careful because you're not going to tell her anything about your pregnancy, understood?"

Yeji lowered her head at her mother's fierce look and they both went back inside the hospital. Yeji told Sohee that Ryujin was gone and Sohee desperately started to contact her, while still her father was in the waiting room.

Until the next morning they were at the place, waiting for Hyunjoon to sign his mother's papers and after that, they all went to Shin house.... Where the Hwangs had to stay to arrange everything about Jiyu's last will.

"It's... It seems like an absurd idea to me.... I... I'm sorry but I don't think it's indicated for our daughters to live alone for a year, it's..." Chansung grabbed his wife's hand and squeezed it a little to keep her quiet and calm down, because she seemed to be going out of her temper when the Shins had recently lost a member of their family.

"Seulgi, please.... I ask you to respect the last will of my mother.... It will only be for one year, after that.... You, Chansung and Yeji can go back to the United States as you had planned."

At the table only the three of them were gathered, Sohee was in the room with Ryujin and Yeji was resting in the one they arranged for her.

"There's something you should know, Hyunjoon..." Seulgi opened her eyes wider gripping her husband's hand tightly. She was sure that her husband would tell her that Yeji was pregnan and it was something she couldn't allow.

"Chansung..."

"Let me finish, Seulgi..." Her husband's stern tone immediately shut her up and he continued. "Yeji is pregnant..."