3 - Truths

Yeji dressed in jeans and a black crop top, not that she cared much about the kind of visit she would receive, so with very little makeup, she went down to the family dinner where her mother looked at her angrily, but still received her smile.

"Ohhh but how cute is Yeji!" said Ryujin's mother, Sohee while Ryujin was sitting on the couch in the back with her phone.

"Thank you, Mrs. Shin" Yeji greeted politely.

"I remember when you were just a baby and playing with my Ryujin."

Fortunately for her, those memories faded. Yeji smiled a little at the Shin as Ryujin raised her gaze, looking her up and down and then back to her phone.

"Ryujin... Come say hello to Yeji" Her father said and she made a sound of annoyance with her teeth.

"No need, Mr. Shin" The chocolate-haired girl said politely. But the truth was she didn't even want her to approach her and if she could smell her scent? Maybe Yeji was being a little paranoid, but it was hardly normal when you had fucked the girl you hated the most.

She could imagine the whole school talking about it, the teasing towards her and Ryujin's annoying comments on a daily basis. She had built up a reputation, one that she wasn't going to want to ruin with the boys and now it was all compromised by one stupid night that shouldn't have happened. Even though she didn't remember half of it.

Ryujin got up from the couch and walked over to Yeji, who was standing next to Seulgi, Yeji's mother with a smile looking at the short-haired girl.

"Hello, Yeddeong..." And Yeji rolled her eyes, because she really hated it when Ryujin called her that, it had been stupid childhood nicknames, but she knew exactly what to do to make her blood boil.

"Ryujin..." Yeji just gave her an awkward smile. To which the short-haired girl frowned.... Had she actually smiled at her? Clearly she could tell a mile away that it was a fake smile, but something else strange could tell in her attitude.

A little later, other relatives began to arrive, such as uncles and cousins of both families, everything in them was peaceful and calm.

Yeji saw her cousin and approached him with a smile to greet him, he was two years older than her and they had had a childhood together until he, along with his parents, left for the United States.

"Hyujin!!!" Yeji exclaimed and the black-haired man reached out to her, giving her a hug.

"Hi Yej... I brought something for you" Yeji gave her a smile and saw a beautiful earring box her cousin had given her, then she remembered her necklace.

"God..." She muttered, looking at Ryujin who was amused talking to her relatives.

"Did something bad happen?" The boy asked and she quickly denied.

She was sure she had worn the necklace last night at the party, but now she was also sure that she hadn't brought it home with her, would she have left it in that hotel room? She cursed mentally.

"No... It's all right, rather tell me.... How has your life been on the outside?" Hyujin smiled.

"Well, everything is going well, Next week I'll start classes at the university again, when will I see you over there?"

"Well, I think in a few months and-" Suddenly an arm rested on her shoulders, interrupting her.

"Hey, Hyujin!" It was that irritating voice.

Ryujin had also befriended Yeji's favorite cousin, as children these three were almost inseparable, but after Hyujin left, they drifted apart and their enmity was created, why exactly? Not even they themselves know.