4 - Confrontation

"I don't know how I'll do without my little girl.... Two months will fly by and in the blink of an eye, you'll be on your way to America" Yeji looked at him with tears in her eyes, because her father looked so sad at the thought of his little and only daughter going to America alone, but that was the path she had chosen.

Yeji wanted to be the next CEO of Hwang Industries, and for that, she had to make a career in one of the best universities, so, what better than going to America to realize her dream.

The chocolate-haired girl smiled at her father, who looked at her with eyes full of pride.

"Dad... I don't want you to get like this, you're going to make me cry" And well, she also felt some guilt, why? Well, because of what she had gone through that crazy night that she surely had too many drinks.

"I don't want you to cry, I just want you to be proud of the path you're going to take and know that Seulgi and I are very happy to have a daughter like you..." One they didn't know the half of.

"Thank you dad.."

After that emotional talk in her room, Yeji changed to go to a coffee shop to meet her friends. Karina and Jurin.

"Hey, you really went with this girl Winter is what they call her?" Karina turned her eyes to Jurin's question, but her gaze went to Yeji who seemed lost in her own world, while moving a spoon in her coffee.

"Earth calling Yeji?" The black-haired girl snapped her fingers in front of Yeji and Yeji seemed to snap out of her trance by blinking several times.

"What happened?"

"That you've been very quiet the whole half hour we've been here... I know you and I know something's wrong with you..... Tell us already" Jurin said, while Yeji took a deep breath.

Should she tell them what had happened? She should tell them that she was no longer a virgin and that her first time had been with none other than Shin Ryujin? The Shin Ryujin she hated so much...

No... Definitely not...

"There's nothing wrong with me, it's just that my dad was a bit sentimental today.... I'm leaving in two months and I'm going to miss my family and friends a lot..." Karina pouted.

"Awww... But this isn't our Yeji.... You're a clone? Tell us what you did with the real one" Yeji tapped Jurin on the shoulder, while Karina let out a laugh.

"Shut up, bitch... It's the truth."

"Yeah, yeah... Whatever... Your parents have a lot of money to come visit you every day and we, well.... We'll be able to talk over video calls, we're in the digital age, bitch" Yeji rolled her eyes at what Karina said.

"Okay... You'll never see me get sentimental again, stupid girls..."

Laughter invaded the cafeteria and Yeji tried to manage the emotions she had built up at that moment regarding what had happened.... It was all she could think about.

Was she going crazy?

"Hey... Where's Jisu after all?" Jurin asked and Yeji rolled her eyes.

"She must be with her new girlfriend, she told me she was spending the afternoon with her today, so I guess they must be fucking or what do I know" Karina said.

For her part, Lia was in it, they had left Ryujin's house, half an hour ago and well, it didn't take them long to get to their place.

The short-haired girl went up to her room after saying goodbye to her best friend and talking to her mother for a moment, then she immediately went to her nightstand drawer and looked for that necklace. She looked at it carefully this time, running her thumb over the inscription of the initials.