Chapter 20

Previously on Chapter 19

I turn around and walk to the closet. I start going through the selection of clothes I have, wondering which one I should wear. I'm sure any clothes'll be alright. I just have to be myself. Let's hope that his family will like me like he said they would.

-Meeting His Mom-

Y/N P.O.V

We're standing in front of Toge's house. He have an arm wrapped around my waist. I hold my hands together, trying to calm my nerve. Toge leans closer so his lips is right next to my ear.

"It's okay... no need to be scared" he said, in a soft and comforting words. I turn my head to look at him and smiles softly. My heart feels a little at ease at his reassurance. He smiles softly after realizing I have relaxed a little. He place a soft, loving kiss on the side of my head.

The door opens to reveal a mid-age woman. I smile softly at her as I straighten my posture. She must be Toge's mother. She smiles at the sight of her son and walks up to him. She wraps her arms around Toge. I smile as I back away, letting the two have their little reunion.

She pulls away from the hug and turns to look at me. "This is Y/N?" She asked. Toge nods his head, while smiling brightly at me. She gives me a smile, moving aside to let us both inside the house. I frown at the way she reacted. Sure, she's smiling at me but the smile doesn't seem genuine. Did she not approve of me? Stop, Y/N... don't overthink.

She leads us to the living room. Toge points towards a certain direction and gesture to his clothes. He's probably trying to say that he'd go to his room to get change. His mom nods her head, gesturing me to sit down. I just do that silently. She sits across from me.

"So, Y/N... do you mind telling us about yourself?" She asked. I flinch at her sudden question. I didn't expect her to start questioning me. I bit my lips out of nervousness and starts to tell her. I contemplate whether I should tell her that I was turned into a curse, and if that's even a good idea.

"Hmm... what about your parents?" She asked. I just look down at what she said. Ever since I was turned into a curse, my memories as a human seems hazy. I can't remember anything.

"I don't know... I can't remember them clearly..." I said. She furrows her eyebrow at what I said. I turn my head away. I can hear her heaving out a sigh.

"I don't think you're a good match for Toge" she said. I turn to look at her with my eyes wide. "W-What?" I said. She straighten her posture, crossing one leg above another as she stares with a judging stare.

"You have no clear background. From what you told me... you're leaving something out and I can tell. I don't trust you with my son. Even though I've heard some story about you and how you protected my son on some occasion... I still don't trust you. So I want you to leave him. If you want him to be happy..." she said. I just look down, letting my bangs covering my eyes.

I should have known. A monster like me... I wouldn't be able to be accepted by the humans. Some of them might be okay with me, but the others wouldn't. I'm a monster and that's something I'd never be able to change.

"I understand" I said, in a weak tone. I hear a sound of footsteps coming closer as Toge enters the living room. He take a seat next to me. He seem to notice the look on my face.

"Is there something wrong, Y/N?" He asked. I can see his mother looking at me in shock. "Did he just spoke normally to you?" She asked. I turn to look at her and nod my head.

"Yeah... cursed speech don't work on me. So he won't have to worry about cursing me. Which means he can talk normally to me" I said. She hums and nods her head. Her stare on me change slightly. It seem... softens.

***

We've reached Jujutsu Tech. I turn my head slightly to look at Toge's hand which is entwined with mine. His hand is firm as if showing his emotion to me. He have always been afraid of losing me. It's shown in clearly his actions. Ever since what happened to me... Toge have been reluctant to let me be alone, as if something is going to hurt me.

We reach the front of my room. I turn to look at him and smiles softly. "Thank you for today, Toge..." I said. He pulls his collar down to reveal his smile. He steps closer to me and gently places a soft kiss on my lips. I close my eyes, kissing him back.

He pulls away and smiles at me. He lift his hand, as he gently cups the side of my cheek. I notice his eyes glazed over, which makes me frown.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I lift my hand, cupping the side of his cheek as a tear escaped his eyes. "I'm just scared..." he said, softly. I tilt my head slightly as I stare at him in confusion.

"Why?" I asked. He leans his forehead against mine, biting his lips as if he's trying not to cry. "I'm scared that one day... I'd wake up and find out that you're gone..." he said. My chest tightens at what he said.

"Toge... it's not going to happen... I'm here" I said. He just closes his eyes. "You'll always be here with me... right?" He said. I smile softly and nod my head. He just pulls me into a hug. I close my eyes, hugging him back.

"Goodnight, Y/N... I love you" he said. I gently wrap my arms around his torso. "I love you too... good night..." I said, leaning my head against his chest. I feel a soft kiss being placed on the side of my head.

He pulls away and smiles at me. He gently pat my head. He turn around and walks away. Once he's out of sight. I turn to enter my room. I close the door behind me and finally let the tears falls from my eyes.

I still don't trust you. So I want you to leave him. If you want him to be happy... his mother's voice echo in my head. I slide down against the door as I start to cry softly.

No matter how hard I try to escape... no matter how hard I try to fight the reality. I can't ever change the fact that I'm nothing but a monster. His mother was right. Toge deserves better... he deserves to be with someone better. Someone who is not me.

I'm so sorry, Toge

*to be continued*