Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

That voice is wrong. They do care for me. Otherwise, they wouldn't react this way. It's true that I was just a curse. But, I believe that I can live as a human. I'm sure of it. With these people... as my friends.

-Strange Emotions-

Y/N P.O.V

My body starts to feel a lot better after a few days. It's healing a lot faster than it did the last time I overused my cursed technique. I guess my body is adjusting well.

I sit up on the bed of the infirmary. I slowly stand up and stretch my arms above my head, stretching my muscles. I wince in pain and stops stretching. I start moving my shoulders around.

'Guess I'm not fully recovered...' I thought to myself, while sighing softly as I take a seat on the bed. I hear the door open and turn my head. I smile softly when I realize who it is.

"Inumaki-Senpai... hello" I said. He closes his eyes, letting me know that he's smiling under his shirt's collar. He walks over to me and take a seat next to me on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. I smile softly at his caring side. "I'm doing fine... but my body aches..." I said. He just hum softly and nod his head. There's silence between us.

Inumaki is the most frequent visitor I had ever since I got injured. He always kept me company here in the infirmary room. To have him around me feels... comfortable.

I glance at him from my spot as he stares outside the window. I take this as a chance to observe his side profile. He have a fairly pale skin. The time I saw his whole face, I notice that he have a pretty sharp jawline. But his cheeks are a little chubby. He have fairly pale skin. Overall, he's really handsome.

His eyes flickers slightly, making me quickly looks away. "Is there something wrong?" Inumaki asked. I turn to look at him, to see him looking at me with a concern face. I shake my head, while giving him a soft smile.

"It's nothing, Inumaki-Senpai..." I said, giving him a reassuring smile. He just squint his eyes at me, as if trying to see if I'm lying to him. I quickly look away from him, trying to avoid his intense gaze. It's hard to keep an eye-contact with him. I don't know... but every time my eyes meet his brown ones. My heart would start beating faster.

"Toge..." he said, after a few seconds of silence. My eyes snap towards him. What he just said caught me by surprise. "I'm sorry?" I asked. He reach up and slowly unzip the collar of his shirt, showing me his soft smile.

"Just call me Toge..." he said. I blink my eyes at what he said. He wants me to call him by his name, and not his surname. Does this means... we're getting closer? Why does the thought of me and Inumaki... Toge... getting closer makes my heart feels happy? Do I... like him?

I snap out of my daze when a hand is waved in front of my face. I blink my eyes a couple of times, trying to focus on what Toge is trying to do. I turn to look at him in confusion, wondering if I had missed what he said.

Toge let out a chuckle and ruffles my hair. "Are you sure you're okay, Y/N?" He asked. He looks worried as he gently places a hand on my forehead. I can feel my face heating up from embarrassment. I grab his hand and moves it from my forehead.

"I-I'm fine..." I said, smiling shyly at him. He just blinks his eyes as he stares at me. He leans his face closer to mine, which makes me flinch at his sudden closeness.

"Your face is a little red though..." he said. I turn to look at him for a brief moment. I cover my cheeks, trying to hide my cheeks from him. He gently pulls my hands away from my face, cupping my cheeks softly and turn me to look at him.

"You don't have to be embarrassed of me, Y/N..." he said. I just stare into his eyes. I notice that his face is coming closer. I can feel my cheeks getting hotter as I realize what's going on. He's trying to kiss me??

"Y/N-Chan!!" Someone said, bursting through the door. Toge and I quickly jumps away from each other. I keep my head away from Toge, trying not to look at him.

"Eh? Did we interrupt something?" Itadori said. I turn my head to look at him. "No... not at all" I said, shaking my head and smiles softly at him. I glance at Toge, who's still sitting next to me. He's staring at anywhere but me.

I clear my throat and move to stand up. I turn my attention to the others. Fushiguro stares at me with a worried gaze, as I stand up. "Are you fit enough to stand?" He asked. I just grin at what he said.

"I can even take you on a duel" I said. He just rolls his eyes at me. I cover my mouth and let out a soft giggle. "Thank you for worrying, Fushiguro. I'm fine..." I said. He just nods his head, giving me a small smile.

"Welp... I kinda want to get out of here. I'm really bored" I said. Toge stands up from his spot and stares at me worriedly. I gently pat his shoulder. "I assure you, Toge. I'm fine" I said. I turn to look at the others, noticing them staring at me in shock. I tilt my head slightly, looking at them in confusion.

"Since when are you and Inumaki-Senpai starts to call each other with first names basis?" Kugisaki asked. I blink my eyes at her question. "Well... since today" I said. She starts to look at me with a teasing expression.

She moves to stand next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. She starts to playfully poke my cheek. "Are you both dating~?" She said. I blush at what she said. I clear my throat and just push her off me.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." I said. I look away from her and crossed my arms across my chest. I can hear a soft giggle coming from her. I just roll my eyes and walks out of the room.

***

It's now night time, close to curfew. Everyone have had dinner. I'm supposed to head to bed, but after being rested for weeks makes me wide awake. So I just sit in front of the house, sitting on the wooden planks.

"Couldn't sleep?" Someone said. I turn my head to see Toge. I just smile at him and shakes my head. He walks over to me and take a seat next to me. I turn my head to look at the moon.

There's moment of silence between us. The sound of cricket are the only thing that can be heard. But the silence isn't awkward... it's actually comfortable. I feel calm with Toge around.

I guess this could mean that I'm slowly falling for him. But... would he like me back? After all, I was a curse. In other words, I'm a monster. So why would he like someone like me?

*to be continued*