Prologue

A loud boom resonates inside an abandoned house. A man jumps out of the way when the enemy tries to attack. He swiftly lands on his feet as he tries his best to avoid getting trampled by the enemy.

"Hey! Satoru! Quit standing around and help me with this curse!" The man said, getting irked because his friend is not doing anything to give him a hand. The white haired man just let out a chuckle.

"Alright! Alright... man, I thought you're able to handle this on your own, F/N" he said. He lift his hand and send a strong ball of energy towards the curse, effectively destroying it. The other man just stares at him with a straight face.

"If you could just fight it like that. Why won't you just do it in the first place... man, you're such a troublesome" F/N said, making Satoru laugh at him. F/N just rolls his eyes. A sound catches the two men attention.

They turn to look at the sound to see a small curse. The curse is sitting by the corner of the room, just staring at them without doing anything. The two men turn to look at each other.

"You can handle that one..." Satoru said to his friend. His friend just rolled his eyes and walks up to the curse. The curse just sit down in front of him. "Kill me..." it said, making the man stop dead in his track.

"Please..." it said again. F/N turn to look at his friend, who's just standing in his spot. He turns to look at the curse and lift his weapon. He strikes it down at the curse, killing it.

He stares at the curse's dead body. He shakes his head and turn around. "Wait... look" Satoru said, catching his friend's attention. He turn around and watch as a small ball of light appear from the body of the curse. It slowly transform into a figure.

"A young human girl..." he said. The girl open her eyes to reveal a pair of e/c eyes. The eyes blinks a few times. She lift her hands and stares at them, before turning to the two men standing in front of her.

The man is the first one to snap out of his daze. He quickly takes of his jacket and walks over to the girl, gently draping it over her body. She just stares at him. Her eyes slowly closes as she falls limp in F/N's arms.

***

The girl slowly opens her eyes. She just lay there as she stares at the ceiling above her. Eventually, she sits down and look around. Nothing seem familiar to the h/c haired girl.

"I see you're finally awake..." someone said. The girl turn her head towards the sound. F/N stands by the doorway, eyeing the little girl with curiosity. Inside his mind, he's wondering what is she. He's curious about the girl's origin and why did she transformed into a human after taking a form of a curse.

"Can you talk?" He asked. The girl lightly nod her head. "I can..." she said in a soft voice as she stares at the man in front of her with curious eyes. F/N just nods his head as he approach the girl cautiously.

"What are you? And how do you ended up... well, like this. You were a curse, are you not? So... how did you turned into a human?" He said. The girl just tilt her head in confusion. F/N let out a sigh.

"Do you have a name?" He asked. The girl just shake her head, letting him know that she didn't have one. He hums softly at the girl's reaction. "Fine... I will name you Y/N. How does that sound?" He asked. The girl just nods her head.

"Okay... Y/N it is. Is there anything you know?" He said. "I died..." she said. F/N just stares at the girl. "Of course... I'm the one who killed you. But how... did you turn into a human?" He asked. Y/N shakes her head, letting F/N know that she doesn't know. F/N let out a sigh.

There are no sign of hostility in the girl's eyes, only curiosity. Just like a real human kid. There's also no sign of evil coming from her, which confused F/N even more.

There has never been a case where a dead curse turns into a human. This is the first time it ever happened. So he didn't know how to respond or what to do about this matter. Reporting it to the upper class would be out of the question, because they find out about the girl and how she appeared. She would be exterminated... without a doubt.

"What should I do about you..." he muttered under his breath. Y/N just tilts her head in confusion. He can feel a smile forming on his lips. He suddenly feels a deep attachment towards the girl. He didn't want her to get exterminated.

A sound of knocking snaps F/N out of his daze. He turns to look at Y/N who's still sitting on the bed. "I will go and see who that is. While you stay here. Do you understand?" He said. Y/N just nods her head, without saying anything. F/N nods his head at the girl's obedience. He turns around and walk towards the door to see who it is.

F/N walks towards the door. He opens it to reveal Satoru. "What brings you here?" He asked. Satoru is silent for a bit, but that silence alone lets F/N know that something is wrong.

"They found out about her" Satoru finally said. F/N feels worry creeping up in him. They hear footsteps coming towards them. F/N turns around to see Y/N standing there.

Time-skip

"What do you think you're doing? Keeping this thing in your house?!" Yoshinobu said. F/N stands in front of him with Y/N standing next to him. He's holding onto his shirt, just staring at the older man in front of her.

"Nothing dangerous is coming from her. You can feel it too, can you? I will take full responsibility of her. If there's anyone that should stop her... it would be me. I will personally kill her myself if she's proven to be a danger to the society" F/N said, in a serious tone. He is showing no sign of backing down. Yoshinobu just stares at him.

He turns to look at the girl. She still hasn't said anything. But he can feel nothing hostile coming from the girl. He let out a sigh, knowing he don't have a choice.

"Alright... it's your responsibility" he said. F/N just smiles at what he said. He turns to look at Y/N and kneels down in front of her. Y/N just turn to look at him.

"It will be alright now, Y/N. I will be the one who will look after you. Okay?" He said. Y/N just nods her head at what he said. A small smile slowly start to form on the girl's face.

F/N grins widely, feeling excited because he finally get some sort of reaction from then girl and gently ruffles her hair. Y/N just stares at him in curiosity. But that's more than enough for F/N. He's finally able to get the chance to take care of the girl. Just like how he wanted to.

*to be continued*