Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

I guess this could mean that I'm slowly falling for him. But... would he like me back? After all, I was a curse. In other words, I'm a monster. So why would he like someone like me?

-Baseball Match-

Y/N P.O.V

We're now gathering in a small room. Since the last event of hunting the Grade 2 curse was a fail because of those special grades. We're trying to decide what we should do in exchange of that.

I'm just sitting next to Toge, as we wait for the match to be decided. I rest my chin on the palm of my right hand. In the end, the game that is decided to replace the previous one is... baseball?

What does baseball have to do with Jujutsu Sorcerer. I turn my head and notice Gojo-Sensei acting a little giddy. This lets me know that it was his plan. I shake my head at our Sensei's antics. Well, I'm not going to complain. My whole body still aches a little after the last battle. Guess baseball match will do.

***

Everyone are now wearing a baseball uniform. I just take a seat on the bench. Now Miwa will be the one to hit the hall, while Maki is the pitcher. I watch as Maki throws the ball, and Miwa manage to hit it. I notice Nishimiya running as soon as she hit the hall. Their Sensei warns her not to run yet, but she ignore her. Thus, resulting in her being out.

Seems like she didn't know the rules. I mean... she's a really girly girl. Not a lot of girls are into baseball. So, I'm not surprised she didn't know the rules for this sport.

Kamo will be the next batter. I turn my head to look at Itadori who acted as the catcher. "I really want to play..." I said, sulking to myself. They didn't allow me to play since my body is still healing.

I notice Kamo and Itadori having a chat. But I can't hear what they're talking about because they're quite far from where I'm currently sitting. I lean my back against the wall behind me.

Next, Kugisaki will be the batter. I notice a machine being pushed into the spot of the pitcher. Kugisaki instantly get irked by the sight.

"Hold on! That's obviously a pitching machine!" She said. Everyone rushes towards her to stop her from getting into a fight. I let out a sigh at Mai's reason. It seems like Panda destroyed Mechamaru's body on the last battle. So they use that pitching machine as a replacement for Mechamaru.

Fushiguro will be the one to hit the ball next. He have a serious face on, as always. That guy rarely ever smiles. But deep down, I know he's a caring person towards his comrades.

Fushiguro just let the ball bounce off the bat. He just sacrificed himself so Kugisaki can make it. I cross my arms across my chest as I watch them play. I stretch my arms above my head as I start to feel bored.

I can feel the tension between Mai and Maki. Those two are twins, but they acted as if they're enemies. I wonder what happened in the past that got them to act the way they are acting right now.

Maki hit the ball that the pitching machine throw. I watch in awe as it gets thrown high up in the sky. Maki looks satisfied by the result. But before she can even reach far enough, Nishimiya catches the ball while she's in the air on her broom. Everyone gasps at what she did.

"That's cheating!!" Itadori yelled out, angrily. I turn my head to look at Toge who's sitting next to me. He seem to agree with Itadori. "Bonito flakes!!" He said. I turn to my right to look at Fushiguro who seem so unbothered.

"Kugisaki, go back" he said, nonchalantly. I let out a sigh and shake my head. "If only I can join the game. I'm able to fly too..." I said. They turn their heads to look at me.

"Then don't get hurt, dummy" Fushiguro said. I turn to look at him with a playful glare. He just smirk at what I said. I roll my eyes and sulks. Toge let out a laugh at my reaction and ruffles my hair softly. His action makes my cheeks feels warmer.

Ever since what happened in the infirmary. Toge and I's relationship have been pretty... strange. Even the slightest action he did, it makes my heart beat speed up. So, I have accepted the fact that I have fallen in love with Toge. The question is... would he feel the same? Will he accept a monster like me?

By the end of the day, we won the match. Itadori manage to hit a home run. Everyone celebrates the victory. Toge wraps an arm around my shoulder as he closes his eyes. I can tell that he's smiling happily. The sight of his smile warms my heart.

Time-skip

We're currently having dinner. I'm sitting next to Toge. I smile at everyone after swallowing my food. "Congratulation on winning, everyone. I'm still a little bummed that I can't participate in the match. But really, I'm happy for you guys' victory..." I said, smiling at them.

Kugisaki turn to look at me. "What are you talking about, Y/N? It's our victory. You're our friend too, remember?" She said, smiling at me. I just beam at her. I'm happy that these people accepted me even though they knew I wasn't a human... that I was a curse.

I look down as tears slowly streams down my cheeks. I feel a hand being placed on top of mine. I turn my head to the owner of the hand to see a worried Toge. He lift his other hand, gently cupping my cheek. He gently wipe the tears from my face.

"Why are you crying?" He said, in a soft voice. But loud enough for me to hear. I wipe the remaining tears with my hands, while letting out a choked sob.

"I'm s-so s-sorry, everyone... I didn't m-mean to r-ruin our celebration. I just... I-I'm so happy that y-you guys a-accepted me. Despite knowing that I'm not a real human..." I said. Toge gently pulls me into a hug. I bury my face in the crook of his neck.

"What are you talking about, Y/N? You're the most human person I have ever met. What you were didn't matter at all. You are you..." he said. His words really warms my heart. I wrap my arms around him. I'm so happy to be a part of them.

*to be continued*