Maya glanced at Dexter who laid tiredly on the bed, a faraway look in his eyes. "He needs to recover his strength so he'll be sleeping a lot." The doctor continued. "Please make sure he doesn't forget to take his medicines."

  "How long will it take for him to recover his full strength?" Maya asked.

  "A few weeks at most. But he should be up and about in a few days." He replied.

   "Thank you. I call on you if I need anything." Maya said after a while.

   "In that case, I'll be taking my leave now your majesty." He bowed once more and took his leave, closing the door quietly behind him. She walked back to Dexter after she had dismissed the doctor.

   "The doctor said you'll be fine. The worst is over."

   " You should rest, There are things I need to take care of." There was a slight edge to her voice as she spoke the last words, her gaze darkening.

    "What about you?"

     "I'll be fine."

    She helped him prop the pillows and he laid his head on it, staring at her. She gave him a warm smile. It didn't take long for his eyes to close, his breath evening out in sleep. She placed a hand on his forehead. His temperature was a lot better. Her smile immediately dropped.

    A knock came on the door and she turned towards it. "Come in." She called out to whoever was behind it. Geoffrey walked in, pausing at the door.

   "Fleurie has been captured your majesty." He announced, his head bowed. Maya stiffened, her expression changing almost instantly.

     "Where is she?"

    "The dungeon, Your majesty." He answered.

    Placing a kiss on dexter's forehead, she started out of the chambers, picking up her cloak that lay on the chair and draping it over her shoulders.

  "Place your best soldiers outside the king's chambers, under no circumstances must they leave." She pinned Geoffrey a glare, stating coldly, "I do not want to hear what I do not want to hear."

   Geoffrey swallowed, feeling just as tensed as when he was in the king's presence. "Yes, Your majesty." He answered gravely.

      "Now lead me to her."

     Time to see that sick witch.
.
.
.
      "Did you do it? Did you poison the king?" Maya asked, her calm voice belying the anger and rage in her blood. She was standing in front of Fleurie's cell, an indecipherable expression on her face. The latter was bound in chains, her hair in disarray, clothes dirty and torn, a frantic look in her eyes. She screamed at Maya. "Let me go! I didn't do anything!!" She screamed, her chains rattling behind her.

    Maya took a step closer to the cell, glowering eyes staring down at Fleurie. "I'll ask again, did you poison the king?" She continued in that calm voice of hers. "Maybe if you confess your deeds, I might let you go easy."

    "You'll be punished for this! Maybe you were the one who poisoned the king and you're trying to blame me for it!" Fleurie screamed at her, her furious gaze matching the queen.

    "I'm loosing my patience here, Fleurie. You sneaked someone into the palace didn't you? Using the excuse of apologizing to do your dirty deeds. Isn't that what you did?"

     " I have no idea what you're talking about!" Fleurie spat out, eyes narrowed.

      Maya continued like she never spoke. "I'm impressed, really. I know you just wanted to get back at me but of all things you could think of, it had to be the king? It had to be Dexter!?" She took a deep breath, keeping her emotions under control. "Where did you find her?' Maya asked Geoffrey who was beside her.

     "We found her at an inn just outskirts of the village. And this as well..." He said, passing her a vial that contained the poison. Fleurie eyes widened as she saw it. Maya waved it for Fleurie to see and watched as all the color drained from her face, panic stricken.

    " I warned you, didn't I? I said you will make another mistake and this time, I'll be strong enough to deal with you? Well looks it like you did. I'll find your accomplice and deal with him too, whoever he is. But until then, you will stay here for another three days without food or water and afterwards, I'll know what to do with you. You will regret messing with me." Maya turned around and started to leave.

     " No, no no! Please! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to!" Fleurie began to scream, tears leaving her eyes as she shook the steel bars. Maya just ignored her and began walking out of the dungeon.

     As Maya stepped outside of the dungeon, she started to speak. "Prepare a public execution for Fleurie." She ordered, her voice painfully cold. Geoffrey stopped in his tracks, staring at the queen's retreating figure, her cloak trailing behind her. Goosebumps breaking out on his skin, he found himself nodding.

         "Yes, Your majesty."

A/N
Wait... What?
Thanks for reading!!!
See you in the next chapter 🙈🙈🙈