Chapter 49- giving up

(Tw: Angst)

It's Christmas Eve and everyone at base is having a good time celebrating, decorating and  making jokes and new friends.

Soap and price were out on a shopping trip, Gaz and laswell were told to run base while the captains were out. Ghost had just woke up, he put on his mask and black hoodie and his usual jeans, he slipped his boots on and left the bedroom, he walked to the main room that had a bar in, the main room was full of lights and Christmas decorations, Ghost sat at the bar for a few minutes, laswell came over to Ghost, "hey, Simon? You okay?" Said laswell, "I'm fine.. don't worry" said Ghost, "something is wrong.. tell me?" Said laswell, "I'm fine leave me alone" exclaimed Ghost, as he said this he grabbed a couple of bottles of whiskey and left the main room.

Ghost left the main room and went to a room with just a chair, he placed the bottles down and sat down in the chair, Ghost cried for a bit before opening one of his bottles, he drank a whole bottle in a couple of minutes, he continued drinking for about an hour, he cried for a while before pulling out a gun from his pocket.

Ghost called soap on his phone, soap was on his way home from shopping with price, a couple of blocks away when he got Ghosts phone call, "hey.. Johnny.." said Ghost
"Hey Simon what's up?" Said soap,
Ghost paused for a moment choking back a sob. "Maybe it's time to say goodbye.."
"Simon what do you mean..?" Said soap with a worried tone, he signaled for price to drive faster, "cause I'm getting pretty fucking tired.." said Simon with a sob, "I love you.. I'm sorry.."
"Simon! Simon!? Wait what do you mean!?"
The phone cut out. Soap started to tear up, Ghost picked up his gun...